Author Topic: RC - Please Vote on the Future Owner of the Dodgers  (Read 4789 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
RC - Please Vote on the Future Owner of the Dodgers
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2013, 05:54:27 PM »
The true question is are we, the RC, voting on tenure, and what we perceive as the best GM or best for the league?  Let's answer that with each of our votes.

We should vote first on how to make our decision and then decide who wins the job.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Brewers GM

RC - Please Vote on the Future Owner of the Dodgers
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2013, 09:09:54 AM »
IMO, if we want to change the rules than the RC should be involved.  Otherwise this is really a matter for the commish.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

Re: RC - Please Vote on the Future Owner of the Dodgers
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2013, 10:25:48 AM »
Im not in favor of a team getting extra cap space to please their prospective owner, many teams would want the same treatment.

I completely agree with this sentiment, 100%
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

Re: RC - Please Vote on the Future Owner of the Dodgers
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »
First off, its not a personal vendetta. Its purely simple for the 5th time, since you cant comprehend. The Padres have not improved. 1)  Your cap continues to fall because you fail to put a team out there to even win 35 games. 35 games would keep your cap constant but you failed to do that.

2)  You claim no talent? Where is agonz or better yet where is the return? Where is Chase Headley or the return...

The team has not got better. I dont care if it was Dan Wood who was running the Padres, I would say he should not the Dodgers because the team has done nothing.

Im sorry you take everything personal by thinking its a vendetta. 3)  That must happen to you a lot.

4)Record of inactivity for Joeshmoe

11/1/12 - 12/5/12
12/9/12 - 1/12/13
9/12/11 - 11/30/11

There is your inactivity.

You will be allowed the last word as I am done responding. Each time I respond I give the same answer and you are unable to process the information being given.

5)  If you would like me to post the dates of your penalties and ban dates let me know.
I can also post the posts that got you banned and ruined a league as well.

It's a nice narrative but I have to fix this.

1)  Continues to fall?  No it goes up for the next two seasons.  The only fall under my tenure occurred this year and I already explained.  I had no pieces to trade no way to compete and no way to win outside of AGON.  I cashed in on AGON and picked up any decent prospect I could.  I have 60m to spend divide that by 40 players and thats only 1.5m per player.  Add on that you have to spend big money through bonuses to get the best prospects.   My timetable wasn't to go trade for vets to just barely win and stay mediocre for the next infinity.  I drafted and those guys take time.  But the spects I picked up are certainly quality.  Then I started signing guys to score points and compete during the weeks, which people know I'm competitive M-F and don't have the depth for Sa Su.  Happens to me week in and out.  Just this past week with the Royals.  So the cap flex is expectable.  Explain the Mets cap and how the Padres should be more like that if you have a real point.  I did well with what I had.  I'm still paying for Junk-Arm Peavey (6m!).  The returns offered to the Padres when I took them over were junk mostly, trying to take advantage of them.  I didn't have the pieces to land Trumbo or whoever...I had Donavan Tate as a 1st overall...yuck!

2)  Where is the talent?  Where was Headley?  When I had gotten there he had already been picked cleaned from the bones by Colby from Greg a guy who couldn't even find the forums.  Here was the doosey of a deal (http://www.profsl.com/smf/index.php?topic=4205.msg18666#msg18666):

I like Chase Headley a lot... the Padres could use some more players, so here we are...

:PIT: to :SD:
CI Bowker, John, $0.5m (P-2011)
MI Eckstein, David, $0.5m (2010)
RP Karstens, Jeff, $0.5m (2011)

:SD: to :PIT:
CI Headley, Chase, $0.5m (P-2011)

Greg got nothing of real value to me when I took over.  The Pirates 5th starter, Eckstein retired after the season, and Bowker is now out of the MLB and any affiliate team of it.  A terribly bad trade by GREG.

A little on how comfortable Greg was at the time of the deal, with just the site in general, I have no clue about his abiliites; but Colby made out on it, can't hate Colby. 
I would like to get this thing taken care of, Colby to you have the agreement in a PM?

Yes I do... Greg even responded to me today saying he could not find it.  Apparently, he was looking at Fantrax and didn't realize that all moves are done here.

The Agon return was Rondon, Perez, and Mat Gamel.  Gamel unfortunately has been injured two years but his bat looked good and he should have been the Brewers 1B.  Bad bounce but not foreseeable at the time.  At that time his bat had a (?) but it wasn't his health holding him and his bat looked good.  Rondon looked solid to open the season and Perez should be the Rangers 5th man this year when he returns in 2-3 weeks...still looks nasty and he's only 22 now.  And I took both those guys when pitchers were handicapped but IP was yet to be implemented.  Still going to be a good Pen guy and a solid starter with a high ceiling.  Not bad, even better considering it was basically the Pujols return.

3)  Adds nothing to this conversation...detracts from it...it's those comments that are the reason I think you are using this opportunity to hate on me personally.

4)  My inactivity during the holiday season?  I was inactive for 34 and 35 days but with a 4 day period in between.we  I'm sorry, I checked in and there was no activity.  I then checked back in to reassure this during the 5th-9th.  But I knew no activity in the FA market would happen until the turn of the year.  That's why it's not okay to blanket 30 days.  It was holiday season and offseason for two of my leagues.  I had no reason to be on the site.  It didn't hurt my team and I'm sure there were others who had they no obligation on profsl wouldn't check in.  But it's clear I was ontop of it because I was active for drafting and Free Agency.  I don't know what more one could realistically expect.  A thirty day policy is unrealistic to begin with. 

As for the inactivity in 2011 I admitted to it.  There were extenuating circumstances.  I don't need to repeat it all.

5)  Where does it end Corey?  Are you trying to escalate an issue?  I've had my problems, outside of this league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Hit me up
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:04 PM
  • Daddy: Grandpa Brian
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:15 PM
  • indiansnation: No thanks daddy im looking to take your team out. I want to make my @@@ch
    April 13, 2024, 11:15:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking for one moe big bat and a couple of starting pitching
    April 13, 2024, 11:16:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Back at u bigfry
    April 13, 2024, 11:24:04 PM
  • Daddy: Im preparing for Hockey domination. :)
    April 14, 2024, 12:06:09 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry important pm read the latest pm i sent u
    April 14, 2024, 12:14:42 AM
  • indiansnation: Dad yea u going down in that league also nhl live u got no chance in any live leagues
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy im takening u out
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:47 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm trade offer sent
    April 14, 2024, 12:36:54 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry back at u
    April 14, 2024, 12:57:58 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry trade posted everything u mentioned to me
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlouis blues 91 pm back at u
    April 14, 2024, 01:34:40 AM
  • indiansnation: Debreer23 pm
    April 14, 2024, 01:37:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 02:36:03 AM
  • Daddy: Geezus that MLB board is lit up. Lets clean that up a bit.
    April 14, 2024, 01:24:20 PM
  • Daddy: Great job Gary, thank you.
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:52 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Daddy pm
    April 14, 2024, 03:31:53 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 04:13:22 PM
  • Alpha5: The nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
  • Alpha5: De nothing
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:12 PM
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    Yesterday at 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    Yesterday at 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    Yesterday at 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    Yesterday at 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    Yesterday at 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    Yesterday at 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    Yesterday at 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    Yesterday at 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    Yesterday at 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    Yesterday at 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    Yesterday at 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    Yesterday at 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    Yesterday at 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    Yesterday at 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    Today at 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    Today at 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    Today at 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    Today at 07:30:32 AM