Dynasty NHL

Author Topic: Power Rankings - Near Halfway Point  (Read 1022 times)

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Power Rankings - Near Halfway Point
« on: December 06, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »
I've been a bit preoccupied with work this year.  Turns out celebrities and newscasters aren't the only people who sexually harass people and get fired it is also Vice Presidents that like to put dick pics on their computer for people to see.  In what has been a fairly unpredictable NHL season we have gotten a pretty predictable DNHL season.  The Blues are cleaning up like the guy who gets his license and car first in high school.  There is a pretty large number of teams that are very much in the playoff picture though.  I'd say 15 of the 20 teams are still in the hunt based on record and points scored, which is almost exactly the same percentage of viable playoff teams in the NHL.  I'd say if DNHL has been going for a realistic NHL comparison we've done pretty well.

1      St. Louis Blues    (16-2)  -  If the Ducks have been the gold standard in our league based on dominance and pulling away from the pack then this Blues team has created the Platinum standard.  In a year of some high scoring teams these Blues reign supreme.  Burrito supreme.  They are on pace to set single season records in Goals, Assists, and Shots.  That being said in recent weeks they have shown signs of weakness.  Much like a boss from an SNES game we just have to wait and look for that shiny spot on their underbelly and strike.  If only we could plug our cartridge into a game genie and turn on invincibility to even the odds.  In what is probably the most disturbing thing go and look at who is still on the minor league roster for the Blues (they could be scoring even more points).

500 point gap between 1 and 2 ; if this was WWI this wide spathe of empty area would be called "No Man's Land"

2    Winnipeg Jets   (16-2)  -  In what is hands down the most dominate team of goalies in league history (at least based on name) the former Kings are tearing it up this year.  Eric Staal is having a dominate season.  Patrick Kane is still really good.  Toffoli is putting lots of biscuits in the basket while Doughty is having a Norris trophy performance.  MacKinnon and Landeskog are pulling the corpse that is the Avs team through a weekend at Bernie's style party keeping them playoff relevant.  The biggest boost has been from Brayden Point.  The Kings have always been a good team looking for a couple youngsters to make them great and now they have Point acting like Rudolph's nose leading them through the foggy night that is the DNHL season.     

3    Vancouver Canucks  (14-4)  -  What a swift kick to the fantasy GM nuts picking Shipachyov was.  It has to rival my picking Andrew Hammond at #1 for quickest exit from the league.  I feel your pain and can tell you from experience you will never have fantasy children ever again.  Taking a page out of the Blues notebook the Canucks have Morrissey and Sergachev stashed in the minors for what I can only conclude is competitive balance.  Maybe Rob, stirring up his inner Gary Bettman, asked them to create some false parity to drive up participation. 

4    Colorado Avalanche   (13-5)  -  Snug must've drugged us all, threw us in his hot tub time machine, and brought us back to the year 2011 when Dustin Brown wasn't a complete waste of money.  I've got news for you Snug.  I don't appreciate being brought back to a time to relive Sydney Crosby's concussion.  It has taken me many years of intensive therapy to get the murderous rage I felt for Dave Steckel out of my system.  Now all those feelings are coming back.  Time to imagine my power animal....... the mighty ferret.  Go ferret.  Slide down the relaxation slide into the calming pool of serenity. 

5    Carolina Hurricanes   (15-3)  -  Much like Jerrry Seinfelds "Even Steven" where Elaine throws 20 bucks away then later he finds another in a jacket pocket.  Fleury reclaims his rightful spot as a starting goalie and then promptly gets concussed.  Taking a starting goalie from me.  The NHL Coyotes trade for Scott Wedgewood and Anti Raanta gets hurt because that is so Coyotes giving me back a starting goalie.  I'm really being propped up by outstanding seasons from Kopitar, Tavares, Gaureau and Kessel.  Which is great.  Because you know they are like half my payroll.  Brent Burns at one point had like 85 shots on the year without a single goal.  That has to be some kind of record for futility. 

6    Edmonton Oilers    (11-7)  -  Stepans $7m contract can't come off Hockeyfreak's payroll fast enough. On the other side Mark Stone's contract of 2.7m has to be up there with the greatest current bargain in our league.  This Oilers team is just further proof that the NHL Oilers have no idea what they are doing with their players. Turns out if you keep Hall and Eberle and don't sign slow footed defensemen to ludicrous contracts you are a winning team.   

7    Buffalo Sabres   (13-5)  -  Bobrovsky looks like he is going to have another solid regular season and humiliating post season while Cam Talbot has finally succumbed to the dreaded "getting run into the ground" injury.  At this point if you are the NHL Sabres how do you not just say "We are terrible how about we just open it up and let Eichel, Reinhart, O'Reilly, etc get some points".  That would help DNHL Sabres and maybe make being a Sabres fan less a test of faith.   

8    Boston Bruins   (11-7)  -  Who the hell is Josh Bailey and why is he playing hockey with Tavares?  That is the question that will be answered in the next season of the hit podcast Serial.  I keep reading articles that try to push Toews into being an elite level hockey player and I just don't see it anymore.  Certainly not for fantasy purposes.  In every way that Toews has been average this year Brayden Schenn has been exceptional.  Talk about jumping off a sinking ship onto a cruise liner of sexually fluid beautiful Norse gods.  Dude hit the jackpot leaving Philly to go to the Blues.  These DNHL Bruins though are still waiting for their ticket.

9    Anaheim Ducks   (10-8)  -  It turns out the price for a half decade of dominance in this league is perhaps a half decade of middling.  Go big or get to the bottom.  That is my motto, family creed and mantra (which I think is like a sing song kind of motto).  Radek Faksa has been a great depth player though just in time to jack up the extension price.  Anyone who watches the NHL Bruins has Rask lost his starting job?  The numbers certainly display a player who is well below the back-up.  6.5m is par for the course in our league's goalie roulette.   

10    Philadelphia Flyers  (10-8)  -  Steven Stamkos is real real good at hockey.  The NHL flyers are pure trash.  They should do what the garbage 2003-06 Penguins did and just turn the team over to a highly touted talented youngster.  Bring up Carter Hart.  Elliot is going to be a grandpa before the NHL Flyers make the playoffs.  Bring in Hart and let him play and learn at the highest level.  The worst thing that happens is the Flyers finish 14th in the conference instead of 12th. 

11    Toronto Maple Leafs   (8-10)  -  Nazem Kadri might be riding a ludicrous shooting %, but how about how he turned it on the last 2 years.  He should be bottling up his sweat and selling that to Russian Olympic athletes, so they can avoid getting caught with PEDs.  I predict the Oilers trade for Aaron Dell.  Talbot gets hurt long term and Dell leads them to the playoffs.  I also predict that Federer, Nadal and Djokovic never win another Grand Slam because I hate that tennis has become so predictable.

12    Washington Capitals   (8-10)  -  Ovechkin has become a one trick pony, but luckily for him his one trick is shooting and scoring lots of goals.  How good would the NHL Capitals be if they kept Forsberg?  I bet they'd have a Stanley Cup, but instead they got Erat and the specter of playoff shame hanging over them.  Yanni Gourdi was a shrewd draft pick in what is looking like, for the time being, the best value pick from our past year's draft. 

13    Montreal Canadiens   (9-9) - Marchessault has been a man possessed or a man that came into a significant amount of gambling debt and is being "inspired" to play really really well.  Why is this Erikkson Ek kid not playing more minutes for the Wild?  He came out last year and really put together a solid rookie stretch.  Instead they have guys like Chris Stewart, Marcus Foligno, and Tyler Ennis playing ahead of him.  Guess it is pretty obvious why the NHL Wild suck.  How much different would the NHL be if they didn't have guaranteed contracts?  I bet the move to a speed game would happen that much quicker because they could dump so many of the unproductive sloths currently on long term contracts.  I can also guarantee Lehtonen wouldn't even be an AHL goalie. 

14    Detroit Red Wings   (6-12)  -  It was the best of times with Datsyuk and Zetterberg and now it is the worst of times with watch Jimmy Howard backstop the rutterless NHL Red Wings.  He is just as likely to give up 5 goals as he is 1 goal and you'd have no idea whether it was his fault or not for either outcome.  If you looked at Voracek's stats you'd think he was on a winning team and to that I'd say wrong on both accounts.  I'm just glad to finally be out from Izaman's thumb in the Central East division.

I've run out of time to do the rest of the teams, but know that what I would've said would've been profound and hilarious. 

15    Tampa Bay Lightning   (5-13)

16    Chicago Blackhawks   (6-12)

17    Pittsburgh Penguins   (5-13)

18    Vegas Golden Knights   (2-16)

19    New York Rangers (1-17)

20    Arizona Coyotes   (1-17)   
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :NE:
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Power Rankings - Near Halfway Point
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 05:01:40 PM »
I had no idea you were a VP at your company.. former.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »
I had no idea you were a VP at your company.. former.

:rofl:

Sorry about the real life drama getting in the way of fantasy sports.  It's been tough on all of us :P

A wonderful read as always, Corey.  Thanks for this!!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 04:23:17 PM »
:rofl:

Sorry about the real life drama getting in the way of fantasy sports.  It's been tough on all of us :P

A wonderful read as always, Corey.  Thanks for this!!

Truly some bizarre stuff.  VP fell in love with the owner's wife.  Owner's wife gave him a hard pass.  He took the hard pass very personally and put dick pics on his computer to entice/bother her.  He was fired while on vacation, so he didn't have time to clean up his office.  He would video tape people with a cellphone in his breast pocket as he walked around the office (company phone).  I found hidden cameras installed to watch people.  He had cameras in place to watch people's reaction to seeing the dick pics.  After all that I had lots more work to do on a daily basis.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:45:02 PM »
Truly some bizarre stuff.  VP fell in love with the owner's wife.  Owner's wife gave him a hard pass.  He took the hard pass very personally and put dick pics on his computer to entice/bother her.  He was fired while on vacation, so he didn't have time to clean up his office.  He would video tape people with a cellphone in his breast pocket as he walked around the office (company phone).  I found hidden cameras installed to watch people.  He had cameras in place to watch people's reaction to seeing the dick pics.  After all that I had lots more work to do on a daily basis.

This guy sounds awesome.  The hidden cameras to watch people's reaction to dick pics is hilarious. 

This has opened up so many more questions for me. Ie. was the dick pic an animated screen saver or set it as his wallpaper.  Or was he photoshopping his dick onto pictures of her?  I am just curious how others were see this.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:52:01 PM by snugerud »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 03:20:05 PM »
This guy sounds awesome.  The hidden cameras to watch people's reaction to dick pics is hilarious. 

This has opened up so many more questions for me. Ie. was the dick pic an animated screen saver or set it as his wallpaper.  Or was he photoshopping his dick onto pictures of her?  I am just curious how others were see this.

Just your standard static images of a man and his penis.  He was classy they were in a folder with pictures of his family, so in between the fire-able pictures you'd get to see his wife and kids on the screen.   
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline WestCoastExpress

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 06:49:22 PM »

Snuggy you're messed up bro.... :rofl:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 08:57:18 AM »
Just your standard static images of a man and his penis.  He was classy they were in a folder with pictures of his family, so in between the fire-able pictures you'd get to see his wife and kids on the screen.   

well that is douchy .  I was more hoping it was like a windows 95 screen saver but a penis and it would just bounce around the screen and you got to keep watching to see if the tip would perfectly hit the corner

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    April 15, 2024, 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    April 15, 2024, 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    Yesterday at 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    Yesterday at 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    Yesterday at 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    Yesterday at 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    Yesterday at 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    Yesterday at 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    Today at 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    Today at 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    Today at 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    Today at 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    Today at 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    Today at 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    Today at 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    Today at 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    Today at 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    Today at 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    Today at 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    Today at 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    Today at 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    Today at 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    Today at 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    Today at 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    Today at 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    Today at 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    Today at 11:00:36 PM