Author Topic: Twins - Nats Trade 1-24-18 4:27 pm ET  (Read 621 times)

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
Twins - Nats Trade 1-24-18 4:27 pm ET
« on: January 24, 2018, 12:54:21 PM »
:MIN: acquires
OF Trammell, Taylor, $0.5m (P-n/a)
SP Greene, Hunter, $0.5m (P-n/a)

:WAS: acquires
CI Candelario, Jeimer, $3m (2018)
SP Bradley, Archie, $0.5m (P-2019)
OF White, Isiah, $0.5m (P-n/a)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 05:48:35 AM by Flash »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Twins - Nats Trade
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »
Twins do this because I like the specs I, getting back. Camdelerio will hqve a fantastic year, but I’m ready to shake things up
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline ldsjayhawk

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • :CLS:
    • :Kansas:
    • :SKC:
    • :KC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 01:23:27 PM »
 :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
FGM :win: :SEA: 2017 + 2x AL West Div
BUSH AL :Bronze: :KC: 2021 + 4x AL Central Div
AFB AL :Bronze: :KC: 2012 + 1x Div
AFB NL :Bronze: :COL: 2018 + 2x Div

Offline leppardkev

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
Washington approves, I get a young starting 3B that I think is exciting, and good add to my bullpen, as well as an OF that could be interesting in couple of years! This makes my club more competitive and I think it's a win /win for both clubs, thanks Anthony!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
Re: Twins - Nats Trade 1-24-18 4:27 pm ET
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 07:47:51 PM »
I like the future of Candelario but I don't like it that much. Of the two principle position players involved I would rather have Trammell. Looking at the pitchers involved- A #2 overall pick v. a RP?
Sorry but I have to veto  :veto:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »
I like the future of Candelario but I don't like it that much. Of the two principle position players involved I would rather have Trammell. Looking at the pitchers involved- A #2 overall pick v. a RP?
Sorry but I have to veto  :veto:

Usually when you trade a good prospect, you get a 30 year old vet who will give you a few good years and you sold your future for him. In this case he's getting a 24 year old who has already produced at the major league level, and is projected to get 1700 FP in his first full MLB season, as well as being a former top 100 spec on MLB. If we're talking about draft position, Trammell was drafted after the first round. When it comes to straight production and future projections, I don't see how a 24 year old major league 3B who was a highly touted prospect wouldn't be worth more than a 20 year old single-A player. Not to mention White was taken 85th overall in 2015, he's no scrub.

As for the pitchers, Bradley had a 1.73 ERA at age 25 and ranked 14 among RP who didn't start a game. He's a former starter so it can't be ruled out that he might start again. He was a former top 10 spec, which is even more reason why you can't always trust rankings. Just because Greene is a top pitching spec doesn't guarantee he will be a starter in the future.

In conclusion I give 2 young major league players with former minor league pedigree (not random benchwarmers) who have starting gigs in the majors, and a decent prospect for 2 prospects with the hope they surpass what I'm giving up. Regardless of which side is prefered, this is a fair trade for both parties and nowhere near vetoable.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline LockedNLoaded

• MVP
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :Maine:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 10:21:58 PM »
 :iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kidd5jersey

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 11:39:51 PM »
Candelario is a decent prospect but no world beater. He lacks power for the position, strikes out a fair amount, and chased pitches badly in his callup. Not ranked in top 100 despite not graduating.

Zeke White is not rosterable in our format. He hardly plays (hasn't played 50 games in any of his three years). He strikes out more than once per game. He has little power, and had a sub .200 average in 2017 in lower levels. He has a career average of .234.

Archie Bradley will not start. However, he is a very good bullpen arm with dirt cheap salary. He could profile as a closer as his pedigree was very good before falling apart when given repeated opportunities to start. He's a good piece.

Hunter Greene is a highly touted (#2 pick just this year) stud. He has all the tools to be a dominant starter. His upside is phenomenal despite no track record just yet. Prospects can be risky, but many say he was the crown jewel of the class. #2 in Reds system and #29 overall.

Taylor Trammell is a top young talent as well. He combines athleticism with great bat skills and power. He is oozing with talent.  It will be interesting to see how he pans out.  #3 in Reds system and #48 overall.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 01:56:45 AM »
Candelario is a decent prospect but no world beater. He lacks power for the position, strikes out a fair amount, and chased pitches badly in his callup. Not ranked in top 100 despite not graduating.

Zeke White is not rosterable in our format. He hardly plays (hasn't played 50 games in any of his three years). He strikes out more than once per game. He has little power, and had a sub .200 average in 2017 in lower levels. He has a career average of .234.

Archie Bradley will not start. However, he is a very good bullpen arm with dirt cheap salary. He could profile as a closer as his pedigree was very good before falling apart when given repeated opportunities to start. He's a good piece.

Hunter Greene is a highly touted (#2 pick just this year) stud. He has all the tools to be a dominant starter. His upside is phenomenal despite no track record just yet. Prospects can be risky, but many say he was the crown jewel of the class. #2 in Reds system and #29 overall.

Taylor Trammell is a top young talent as well. He combines athleticism with great bat skills and power. He is oozing with talent.  It will be interesting to see how he pans out.  #3 in Reds system and #48 overall.

Candelario did graduate. He exceeded the 130 AB in the majors that you need. He ended 2016 at #100 on MLB, and was ranked the 4th best 3B prospect. He did struggle with the Cubs, but a lot of prospects struggle when they’re first called up. Rizzo did with SD. In 27 games with Detroit he slashed .330/.406/.468. Clearly he’s showing he can play at the majors and a change of scenery did him well.

That being said. A 24 year old projected to get 1700 in his first full major league season is with more than a 20 year old OF prospect, even if he’s top 100.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 05:48:07 AM »
:MIN: acquires
OF Trammell, Taylor, $0.5m (P-n/a)
SP Greene, Hunter, $0.5m (P-n/a)

:WAS: acquires
CI Candelario, Jeimer, $3m (2018)
SP Bradley, Archie, $0.5m (P-2019)
OF White, Isiah, $0.5m (P-n/a)

Hmmm....Another Nationals trade involving Hunter Greene.

This trade is essentially two for two because Isaiah “Zeke” White has been less than auspicious thus far.  He’s young, but there’s no indication that he will be a bonafide MLB player.  So the major piece in this trade is Hunter Greene.

It’s hard to imagine anyone thinking Jeimer Candelario is going to have a “fantastic season”, CIs need to be big boppers or high average players.  He is neither.  For what he has shown thus far, in the past two years at the at the MLB level, his 162 game line is .268/11 HRs, 60 RBIs, one would be harpressed to think he will do much more than that.  Such a stat line is hardly anything to be “excited” about.

Archie Bradley is a RP and it’s a stretch to think Arizona will ever use him as a SP.  So again, for what he offers, there are plenty of RPs in Free Agency who would be more than adequate alternatives.

Back to Hunter Greene.  He is a top prospect that is viewed as a Blue Chip player.  He will, at some point, a top MLB talent, and players like him shouldn’t be just traded away for average players.

:veto:

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: I'm all about adding better prospects to my team in long run
    Yesterday at 12:17:05 AM
  • indiansnation: I am the biggest nerd when it comes to milb prospects their is like another 100 prospects in mlb i could add right know in heartbeat. My luttle time im off from work I spend hours looking at specs.
    Yesterday at 12:23:33 AM
  • indiansnation: If u look at everybody in mlb live prospect wise is killing it in minors. Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live and then start working on nfl live and and nhl live.
    Yesterday at 12:25:51 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: niners could still be interested in adding players. believ i have  abt 4 picks in 2025 that i can maybe use in trade depending on deal
    Yesterday at 12:30:57 AM
  • dbreer23: "Im about done with adding my specs in mlb live" - I'll believe that when...well, never!
    Yesterday at 01:02:58 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: lmaoo way to contradict brian
    Yesterday at 01:10:09 AM
  • Daddy: Agreed
    Yesterday at 01:10:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i had room in my farm so i figured i fill it some
    Yesterday at 01:10:20 AM
  • Daddy: I dont mind activity. Especially with purpose. Brian needs hockey to start.
    Yesterday at 01:11:26 AM
  • Daddy: Its been so long since ive done a hockey league and ive fallen behind a bit in the sport because of that. This year hockey is back in my life for good.
    Yesterday at 01:12:42 AM
  • Daddy: @Brian we have a 60 player minor league limit. All of our guys on each team should be killing it in the minors. Sign guys you believe in. Then let them develop.
    Yesterday at 01:21:47 AM
  • Daddy: Everytime a guy is hitting .400 at Corpus Christi that doesn't make him Ted Williams.
    Yesterday at 01:26:13 AM
  • Daddy: None of these dudes are gonna help you avoid datazzwhupin im putting on you this week. Reap the whirlwind Brian. Reap it.
    Yesterday at 01:29:07 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: is this reference to guys i added?
    Yesterday at 01:29:55 AM
  • Daddy: You sir... No. Football is our battle ground. Im talking about Mr. 189 minor league nerd that TEXTED me he was gon whoop me this week.
    Yesterday at 01:34:21 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: hahahah ok
    Yesterday at 01:35:38 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy is going down by guardians in mlb live.
    Yesterday at 01:40:26 PM
  • indiansnation: Hey colts in nfl live looking to move qb russel Wilson looking for draft picks in return.
    Yesterday at 01:43:08 PM
  • Daddy: That is a great trade in MLB. Most trades are great but few are star worthy. Congratulations to both GMs!
    Yesterday at 04:19:40 PM
  • Daddy: Isaac Coffey will be a FA again in 72 hours.
    Yesterday at 04:21:55 PM
  • OUDAN: CCD guys lets deal!!!!
    Yesterday at 04:44:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: prolly will be yes daddy
    Yesterday at 04:55:56 PM
  • Daddy: As long as both owners are happy @BAB and they both seem very happy.
    Yesterday at 05:41:23 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yeah i hear ya
    Yesterday at 06:02:44 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: has CCD been active
    Yesterday at 06:07:28 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: havent really checked that one much
    Yesterday at 06:07:33 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: been focused on LIVE
    Yesterday at 06:07:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night for trade talks in any league
    Yesterday at 07:19:35 PM
  • Brent: CCD is very active on the Discord Channel.
    Yesterday at 07:55:50 PM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    Yesterday at 07:57:35 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: evening
    Yesterday at 08:03:53 PM
  • Braves155: Will be on for a portion of the evening
    Yesterday at 08:10:39 PM
  • Braves155: Been starting to get into these older games that originally ran off DOSBOX for those who know what I'm talking about. The idea is you build your team with a salary of XXX and then every 2-3 seasons you have decisions to make. Field a 26 man roster, control your own pitching rotation, pen, lineup & bench like the true MLB. Draft every season where there's a lot of turnover. Interesting for sure.
    Yesterday at 08:15:28 PM
  • Braves155: PM Jwalk (Jets)
    Yesterday at 08:30:58 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: idsjayhawk replied
    Yesterday at 08:34:31 PM
  • Braves155: PM Professor Dan
    Yesterday at 09:19:27 PM
  • Daddy: Let that Man go on vacation. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 09:27:13 PM
  • Daddy: He had earned this getaway. His computer has earned it.
    Yesterday at 09:28:07 PM
  • Braves155: NEVER!!
    Yesterday at 09:28:29 PM
  • Braves155: You mean 'getaway' from 100 prospect posts/week from our Brian?
    Yesterday at 09:29:17 PM
  • Braves155: Any LIVE deal talks? Hmu
    Yesterday at 09:38:00 PM
  • Daddy: He ain't the only one brotha :)
    Yesterday at 09:40:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: dbreer deserves at least a hanfulof beers and margs
    Yesterday at 09:45:42 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: we put him through the ringer w the activity
    Yesterday at 09:45:54 PM
  • Rhino7: CCD has had a lot of trades lately
    Yesterday at 09:54:49 PM
  • Daddy: That's awesome!
    Yesterday at 10:06:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I've returned to fgm
    Today at 01:44:16 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Took over the team available
    Today at 01:44:26 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations @BAB. FGM is well managed.
    Today at 02:28:01 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yes I'm aware I had too much going on when I left after 2022 season. I'm back now for my second stint
    Today at 02:50:11 AM