Dynasty NHL

Author Topic: 2017/2018 Awards Voting  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
2017/2018 Awards Voting
« on: March 06, 2018, 10:35:13 AM »
-The Presidents' Trophy (team w/ best record)
:WIN: - dedreger

- The Art Ross Trophy (team w/ most fantasy points)
:STL-NHL: - shooter47

- The Prognosticator Award (winner of rankings context)
TBA

Please vote:

-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board)

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM)

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers)

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings)

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings)

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen)

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies)

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team)
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Re: 2017/2018 Awards Voting
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 11:20:21 AM »

-The Presidents' Trophy (team w/ best record)
:WIN: - dedreger

- The Art Ross Trophy (team w/ most fantasy points)
:STL-NHL: - shooter47

- The Prognosticator Award (winner of rankings context)
TBA

Please vote:

I'll go with Shooter as he was the voice of reason on many topics this year

Eric  -  Really like where the Knights are going to be this offseason.  Their pickup of Biship was exactly what he needed to do to be a playoff team next year.

Anaheim :ANA:  -  This year it is tough to beat Benn, Seguin and Bergeron. 

Avs :COL-NHL: -  This is an odd one to me, but you can't argue with numbers.  Arvidsson, Rantanen, Anders Lee, and of all players Dustin Brown have been the most productive group.

Blues :STL-NHL: -  Tarasenko, Zucker and Voracek make this team real nasty

Hurricanes :CAR-NHL: -  this was tough with Vancouver and St. Louis being great, but I like my youth and depth more  with  Burns, Klingberg, Hamilton, Jones, Faulk, Spurgeon, Pulock.

Edmonton :EDM: -  Rinne and Andersen have been the best 1-2 punch this year.  Set it and forget it

Montreal :MON-NHL: -  If Corey Crawford doesn't go down for 1/2 the year with a concussion then they make the playoffs.  Winnipeg is a real close 2nd as it looks like their starting goalies are going to miss our playoffs.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline WestCoastExpress

• MVP
    • :Blank:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 08:39:05 PM »
-The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board) :CAR-NHL:
This one's always a toss-up between Snuggy, Shooter and GDB I think (not including Rob).
Love GDB's rankings and insights, they always give me a good chuckle with some of the things he writes up so I'll give him the nod here.

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) :PHO:
I'll have to give this one to my arch rival Slacky.
Took what was a very sad team and turned it into a lot of nice young players. Did very well turning old guys into picks and good prospects, and even better turning solid point producing players into top prospects and picks. With Slacky's knowledge and all the draft picks this year, that team isn't going to be at the bottom of the league for long. Very well could be a contender next season if he does what I did and starts trading those assets for solid scoring NHL'ers.

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :PHI-NHL:
Toss up. PHI or ANA.
PHI has 2 of the top 3 overall in Geno and Stamkos, plus Pavelski and Couture still within the top-35.
ANA has 3 of the top-15 with the Stars duo plus Bergeron.
I'm giving the nod here to PHI, based on the top-3 of each team almost the same in FP/game, but Couture tips the scales as the 4th for PHI versus Dubois as the 4th for ANA.

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :COL-NHL:
With 4 of the top-20 at the time of doing this, COL takes this one down.
DB, Arvi, Lee and Rantanen is pretty solid. Not to mention Ferland scoring 20 goals so far as well as a 5th option.

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :STL-NHL:
Tougher one here, because COL has a lot of dual guys already mentioned in the LW category in the top-40... DB, Arvi, Rantanen, Ferland. Plus Blake Wheeler at 6th overall and Craig Smith 33rd overall. Yikes, that's some RW depth.
But STL has 3 of the top-15 in 'Senko, Zuck and Voracek, with Vlad/Jake being RW only players.
I'm going to go with STL on this one for fact that 2 of the top 15 are RW only guys, and COL already got the LW award... but it could go either way.

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :CAR-NHL:
This one is also tough. I have to bow out due to the fact I have no one in the top-5, top-10 or top-15. (Thanks to Erik Karlsson for going after that Green Jacket this season...).
That leave CAR and STL and boy do they have some doozies. STL has the better top-4 for sure, but CAR has the better top-6, and we dress 6, so I'm giving the nod to CAR here. STL would probably have taken it with a healthy Weber and healthy/not so sucky Shattenkirk.

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :EDM:
Yikes. EDM, STL, WPG....
WPG's 3-headed monster had lots of injures, or else those 3 studs would take it.
EDM and STL are so close, but EDM's guys are both over 6 pts/game and have more points overall. I think King Hank just crept up due to last week's back to back 50 save performances too. Shame Allen has taken a plunge, as that used to be a top trio as well. EDM wins this one.

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :WIN:
I would have gone for me, but the return of JC and others from injury boosted me the last 3-4 weeks. That's Jeff Carter for those of you who were thinking otherwise... :rool:
Never sure who to put for this one... Team who just misses playoffs, team who "should" have done better and made playoffs but ended up stinking, or other.
I think "other" might be the case here with WPG having Murray and Price out currently with no sign of them coming back for next week. Not sure I see Price coming back at all with MTL out of things in the real playoff hunt. PIT can kind of afford to rest Murray if they keep winning, although they're still playing for home ice. Maybe they'll just be content making playoffs and rest Murray though, seeing as he's won the Cup the last 2 years, plus took on full-time starter this year...lots of extra games played there.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 09:28:55 AM »
Lol. Bad juju to the #1 seed?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline snugerud

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • I am the ghost of fantasy hockey past
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 11:27:14 AM »
Shooter , he was the ying to my yang

I am going Winnipeg because i think he has done a great job building out that team this year. plus for the longest time I thought he was the guy from TSN Darren Dregger....

Philly, Stamkos and Malkin and 1 and 3 rank , followed by Pavelski.

Not going to vote for myself because thats like wearing socks with sandals ewwww.  I will go Edmonton with Hall and giroux. 1 and 5 respectively

St. Louis. ,,, van was there but beat out on depth.

hands down carolina for me.

Jets - based on quality and depth.  If its pure quality it would be edmonton but with our 2 starts a night i feel like depth takes over. 

Arizona Coyotes - because i wish bad luck to any team that tanks.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bro-Lo El Cunado

Offline Gilly

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 5
    • :TOR-NBA:
    • :TOR-NHL:
    • :TOR-MLS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 05:45:27 PM »
In time you all will be giving me awards for my team someday.  Just thought I would prepare you for the eventual whooping.  Live in fear, Live in fear.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline SlackJack

• Legend
  • Director of Media Relations
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 11:40:06 PM »
:BOS-NHL: I'm voting for our Commish here for setting the bar for activity sky-high, and for providing a tremendous level of over-all leadership. Questions are responded to with dispatch and transactions are executed with methodical regularity. The level of housekeeping to maintain a league like this is enormous and no one else comes close in terms of activity!

:PHO: Is it wrong to agree with Cally? I'm voting for me!

:PHI-NHL: The best centers in the game are in Philly. A shame they don't seem to have the depth of support needed to get past Edmonton.

:COL-NHL: Toughest to judge given that more LW's are dual than RW. I'm jusy going to follow suit and give the nod to Colorado.

:STL-NHL: Really wanted to vote for Winnipeg for this one. Then I had a look at St. Louis.

:CAR-NHL: Looking at the roster in St. Louis is all I need to be reminded that high-caliber teams are built from the back end out. Josi, Weber, Giordano, Hedman, Shattenkirk, and Chabot. This is almost a no-brainer but Carolina is right there, and given that Klingberg and Hamilton hold a special place in my heart this is where my vote goes too. 

:EDM: With Rinne and Andersen almost equaling the output of Allen, Lundqvist, and Hellebuyck, I have to nominate Edmonton as having the best goalies. Hellebuyck has been fantastic but I don't like Lunqvist or Allen much for the future. If the Oilers can add another starter they'll be looking to lock this title up next year for sure.

:PIT-NHL: I have to say that the Pens decision to reload rather than rebuild has cost the franchise dearly. The lack of draft picks for a team close to the bottom of the pack is indeed very unlucky.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL: :SC-NHL:  2015-16, 2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 Backyard NHL Stanley Cup Champion :STL-NHL:

Offline Rob

• League Moderator
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 11:50:39 AM »
:PHO: SlackJack.  He's been lighting up the boards and our inboxes all season.  Despite the lack of "scoreboard" evidence, we all know he's going to have a beast of a team soon. 

:STL-NHL: shooter47.  Normally I look at this award as an improvement award.  Carolina was close going from playoff bubble (#10) last year to the #3 seed this year.  Also Winnipeg went from 7th to #1.  But then I'm looking at Shooter's award history and I notice he hasn't won this award in 5 years.... Well before his real dominance started.  To me it's kinda like Bill Belichick.  In reality he should win coach of the year every season, but everyone knows how good he his and expectations are higher, and nearly impossible to exceed.  So this year I vote for shooter.  Who is clearly in a league of his own. 

:ANA: Tyler. Seguin/Benn/Bergeron.

:EDM: hockeyfreak47. Hall/Giroux with Abdelkader and Byron as nice depth pieces.  I nearly felt compelled to vote for Washington again just because of Ovie.

:COL-NHL: snugerud. Wheeler/Brown/Rantanen/Arvidsson.  Just plain nasty.

:STL-NHL: shooter47. Hedman/Josi/Pietrangelo/Giordano.  Carolina was a close 2nd.

:EDM: hockeyfreak47. Andersen/Rinne.

:WAS-NHL: -BA-.  In total fantasy points Brian was ranked 9th in the league.  He should have been a playoff team.  Do you know who was 11th in fantasy points but made the playoffs?  Me.  In return for this great injustice, I offer you my vote for the Bad Juju award.  May you always have Bad Juju when it benefits me most. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 11:58:17 AM by Rob »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline izaman3

• Legend
    • :DET-NHL:
    • :Michigan:
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 12:35:45 PM »
The Gordie Howe Award (most active on the board) :COL-NHL:
We've got a lot of great GMs and a lot of active guys. I think I just default to voting for Snug in this category every year for quantity over quality, otherwise I'd give it to Gypsie  :rofl:

-The Ken Holland Award (most outstanding GM) :WIN:
The Peg is looking good. I feel like this team come out of nowhere! And speaking of which, what ever happened to LA, man that team was bad, it looks like they just disappearred off the map...

But seriously, this team has done some major work and should be a contender for years. Very good work.

-The Wayne Gretzky Award (team w/ best centers) :PHI-NHL:
Hard to argue with Geno, Stamkos, Pavelski, and Couture. (Plus watch out for Nolan Patrick next year)

-The Brendan Shanahan Award (team w/ best left wings) :EDM:
Look at the years the Hall and Giroux are having, its nuts, please let it stop. Though, I am pretty happy for Giroux's resurgence, I've always liked him.

-The Jaromir Jagr Award (team w/ best right wings) :COL-NHL:
Wingers having dual eligibility is really making this difficult for me and that's why I'm giving it to Colorado. Most years I'm able to tell if a guy is spending more time on the right or left side, but this year has been too busy for me. Taking the easy way out, if they are RW eligible then that good enough for me.

-The Bobby Orr Award (team w/ best defensemen) :CAR-NHL:
As people have said, its tough choosing between Carolina and St. Louis, but this one I'm giving to Carolina for depth. Plus Gypsie needs to be able to edge of Shooter somewhere, St. Louis a monster of a team.

-The Dominik Hasek Award (team w/ best goalies) :STL-NHL:
Definitely a tough one. I would have automatically given my vote to whoever traded me for Luongo...but eventually he's still on my roster racking up points for no reason. Even Jake Allen being Jake Allen, and Hank on a bad Rangers squad, Connor is killing it. Good trio overall.

-The Bad Juju Award (most unluckiest team) :DET-NHL:
I wasn't ready emotionally for my team to be this bad, but even still, I couldn't even properly sell off my vets and rentals! Why is my record so high? 3rd in the Central? Come on, my division used to be a powerhouse, what happened to us? Why do I still have Howard, Luongo, Zetterburg? What am I doing? I tried to sell so hard...

Everyone have pity for me.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shooter47

• MVP
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 12:37:26 PM »
   I'll go with snugerud :COL-NHL: on this one. Always active on the board and always chimes in with discussion on the various topics we discuss.

I'll go with Gypsie :CAR-NHL: for this award. Finished in 10th place last season and took his team to the #3 seed in the playoffs and a first round bye this year. He was active at the trade deadline and made a couple of deals to bolster his defense for the playoffs by adding Hamilton and Klingberg.

Flyers :PHI-NHL: - Malkin, Stamkos, Pavelski, Couture is a really good top 4. Also considered Winnipeg and Anaheim but just think Stamkos and Malkin at the top is too tough to beat.

Avs :COL-NHL: -  Arvidsson, Rantanen, Anders Lee, and Brown are a good top 4. Edmonton has a good top two in Giroux and Hall but just lake the depth of Colorado

Blues :STL-NHL: -  I'm going to vote for myself on this one. Tarasenko, Zucker and Voracek are the best top 3 at RW. Vancouver has Kucherov and Pastrnak as a good top two but just missing out on the depth behind them.

Hurricanes :CAR-NHL: -  This one was going to be close between St. Louis, Vancouver and Carolina until Carolina added Klingberg and Hamilton. Top six of Burns, Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Petry and Spurgeon is solid. Faulk and Pulock add even more depth. With a healthy Weber and Shattenkirk I think it would have been alot closer between Carolina and St. Louis.

Blues :STL-NHL: -  Edmonton has a great 1-2 punch in Andersen and Rinne. St. Louis is right there with Hellebuyck and Lundqvist as a 1-2 punch. The difference to me is the depth of Allen and Saros on the Blues. The Blues also edged out Edmonton in total goalie points on the season (716 pts to 671.5 pts)

Washington :WAS-NHL: -  This team scored the 9th highest points in the league during the regular season but finished in #13th position. They faced an above average schedule based on points against this year.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Grandpa Brian
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:15 PM
  • indiansnation: No thanks daddy im looking to take your team out. I want to make my @@@ch
    April 13, 2024, 11:15:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking for one moe big bat and a couple of starting pitching
    April 13, 2024, 11:16:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Back at u bigfry
    April 13, 2024, 11:24:04 PM
  • Daddy: Im preparing for Hockey domination. :)
    April 14, 2024, 12:06:09 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry important pm read the latest pm i sent u
    April 14, 2024, 12:14:42 AM
  • indiansnation: Dad yea u going down in that league also nhl live u got no chance in any live leagues
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy im takening u out
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:47 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm trade offer sent
    April 14, 2024, 12:36:54 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry back at u
    April 14, 2024, 12:57:58 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry trade posted everything u mentioned to me
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlouis blues 91 pm back at u
    April 14, 2024, 01:34:40 AM
  • indiansnation: Debreer23 pm
    April 14, 2024, 01:37:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 02:36:03 AM
  • Daddy: Geezus that MLB board is lit up. Lets clean that up a bit.
    April 14, 2024, 01:24:20 PM
  • Daddy: Great job Gary, thank you.
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:52 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Daddy pm
    April 14, 2024, 03:31:53 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 04:13:22 PM
  • Alpha5: The nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
  • Alpha5: De nothing
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:12 PM
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    Yesterday at 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    Yesterday at 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    Yesterday at 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    Yesterday at 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    Yesterday at 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    Yesterday at 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    Yesterday at 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    Yesterday at 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    Yesterday at 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    Yesterday at 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    Yesterday at 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    Yesterday at 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    Yesterday at 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    Yesterday at 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    Today at 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    Today at 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    Today at 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    Today at 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    Today at 11:37:48 AM