Author Topic: RC Decision - rule proposal  (Read 3172 times)

Dan Wood

Re: RC Decision - rule proposal
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:07 PM »
Plus our ip limit was 20 higher last season... Most weren't reaching the loophole
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2012, 07:22:27 PM »
Over 65 doesnt count. If someone goes over we look at there lineup and find out the last pitcher to pitch and then remove those points.

Simple!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline h4cheng

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2012, 07:29:34 PM »
Over 65 doesnt count. If someone goes over we look at there lineup and find out the last pitcher to pitch and then remove those points.

Simple!

This is what I suggested as well...I don't mind doing the adjusting if someone report the cases to me.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »
This is what I suggested as well...I don't mind doing the adjusting if someone report the cases to me.

Id help you look for them. Wont be hard at all
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
RC Decision - rule proposal
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2012, 08:20:10 PM »
OR put the onus on the GM.  If their score is zero because of the hard cap then they must post within a week in the transactions board to have their lineup fixed.  They receive three chances per year.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

KDoc09

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2012, 09:08:05 PM »
Now I am not on the RC, but as a longtime member I thought I might chime in on this. I don't think that most of our staffs would be able to make the 65 IP in a week without some sort of lineup manipulation so if you are active enough to change your lineup that frequently, you should be able to within some sort of reasonable measure, be able to figure out of you are going to be over the limit. Or maybe I am wrong, but what I am saying is that if you are that on top of things, passing the limit is not something that would happen by accident. As Dan has stated and most of you have agreed, it is a loophole and I do think that it is being exploited by some owners. I propose that we cap the IP at 65 so that any points over that are null and void. I do like Colby's suggestion for a three strikes rule as well. Perhaps we can use that to establish which GM's are using this loophole for nefarious means and which ones are simply an oversight. I also agree with Corey in that I sometimes set my lineups on Friday and while I am not in jeopardy of passing this mark, I think a complete forfeiture or something as severe may be a bit harsh. However, if this happens frequently (3 times or more0 then perhaps the RC and the other GMs have a right to enact such a penalty. Like a tiered penalty system (a la MLB PED testing); Once, points do not count above 65. Twice, points do not count above 65 IP and a penalty of some sort; for example -100 points for the week. And then third and all future offenses would be the doomsday rule, forfeiture of the week or something to that. Seems like a lot I know but it seems to balance fairness to those who follow the rules but might make a mistake one week while penalizing repeat offenders who may be seeking to exploit a loophole. Just my two cents, thank you all for your time.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2012, 09:15:53 PM »
Now I am not on the RC, but as a longtime member I thought I might chime in on this. I don't think that most of our staffs would be able to make the 65 IP in a week without some sort of lineup manipulation so if you are active enough to change your lineup that frequently, you should be able to within some sort of reasonable measure, be able to figure out of you are going to be over the limit. Or maybe I am wrong, but what I am saying is that if you are that on top of things, passing the limit is not something that would happen by accident. As Dan has stated and most of you have agreed, it is a loophole and I do think that it is being exploited by some owners. I propose that we cap the IP at 65 so that any points over that are null and void. I do like Colby's suggestion for a three strikes rule as well. Perhaps we can use that to establish which GM's are using this loophole for nefarious means and which ones are simply an oversight. I also agree with Corey in that I sometimes set my lineups on Friday and while I am not in jeopardy of passing this mark, I think a complete forfeiture or something as severe may be a bit harsh. However, if this happens frequently (3 times or more0 then perhaps the RC and the other GMs have a right to enact such a penalty. Like a tiered penalty system (a la MLB PED testing); Once, points do not count above 65. Twice, points do not count above 65 IP and a penalty of some sort; for example -100 points for the week. And then third and all future offenses would be the doomsday rule, forfeiture of the week or something to that. Seems like a lot I know but it seems to balance fairness to those who follow the rules but might make a mistake one week while penalizing repeat offenders who may be seeking to exploit a loophole. Just my two cents, thank you all for your time.

Very well said Kris.

:iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kungfuwig

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NY:
    • :CLG:
    • :ArizonaState:
    • View Profile
RC Decision - rule proposal
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »
I agree w a 3-strike rule. I do think that the punishment for it happening the first two times is to remove those points. I went over the limit this week by two innings but didn't even know I was going to because I had never before. If those last relief pitcher points were taken off and I was given one strike I would keep a better eye and not hate the league for losing me match ups in a tight race.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4wscpz
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is your life and its ending one minute at a time"

Dan Wood

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »
OK so lets tally up...

1. Corey and Howe will be the adjustment bureau - yay for me
2. 3 strike rule - Yay for me
 - 1st and 2nd time offense - loss of points over 65
 - 3rd time offense - loss of points over 65 plus an additional 100 points for the week
 - 4th time and after - loss of all pitching scoring for that week

goes into effect starting next week

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shooter47

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 10:50:39 AM »
OK so lets tally up...

1. Corey and Howe will be the adjustment bureau - yay for me
2. 3 strike rule - Yay for me
 - 1st and 2nd time offense - loss of points over 65
 - 3rd time offense - loss of points over 65 plus an additional 100 points for the week
 - 4th time and after - loss of all pitching scoring for that week

goes into effect starting next week

:iatp:

As many others have stated I think that losing all pitching points the first time is too harsh of a penalty.  I like the three strikes system.  I don't think that every team that goes over the IP limit is trying to do that.  You could technically be 24 innings from the limit and start 3 pitchers who all pitch Complete games and you would go over.  Now the chances of that happening are slim but it could happen and I would hate to see a GM get penalized all of their points for something like that.  This is why I support the three strikes approach. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: NFL DRAFT TONIGHT ROUND ONE IN PRIME TIME.
    April 24, 2024, 12:07:54 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: your a day early Daddy
    April 24, 2024, 12:51:58 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: ist tomorrow
    April 24, 2024, 12:52:07 PM
  • Daddy: :doh: FML
    April 24, 2024, 01:05:48 PM
  • indiansnation: Good evening all
    April 24, 2024, 04:45:28 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Trey hendrickson and tee higgins both request trades day before the draft. Tomorrow will bring fireworks
    April 24, 2024, 07:50:56 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Thurs kickoff starts at 1pm nfl network
    April 24, 2024, 08:32:25 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yepp
    April 24, 2024, 08:40:50 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: This mock draft on espn is interesting tonight.
    April 24, 2024, 09:37:27 PM
  • Alpha5: Why does Hendrickson want out?
    April 24, 2024, 11:20:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Money alpha
    April 24, 2024, 11:37:29 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: He and like Higgins wants to get paid and have a better secure contract
    April 24, 2024, 11:37:49 PM
  • Braves155: I'm sure the Falcons will botch another Draft.
    Yesterday at 08:07:49 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Agreed
    Yesterday at 09:59:57 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: ITS DRAFT DAYYYY
    Yesterday at 12:00:23 PM
  • Rob: Welcome to New England, Drake Maye
    Yesterday at 01:45:48 PM
  • Rob: Hopefully you're not what I think you are
    Yesterday at 01:46:33 PM
  • Rob: Which is, Zach Wilson.
    Yesterday at 01:46:38 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 01:54:14 PM
  • Renegade: So what’s happening
    Yesterday at 03:54:16 PM
  • Renegade: My 1st time playing college football fantasy
    Yesterday at 03:56:40 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: @Rob ive seen that take a few times. “Drake Maye=Zach Wilson”. Thats not how i see it. The Physical tools and demeanor alone are very different between the two. I like maye alot
    Yesterday at 03:58:58 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Are you a patriots fan @rob ?
    Yesterday at 03:59:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Jwalkejr88 pm
    Yesterday at 04:01:47 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: jwalkerjr88 replied back
    Yesterday at 04:18:37 PM
  • indiansnation: Good evening all which league we talking trade.
    Yesterday at 04:47:08 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: im nfl
    Yesterday at 04:47:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Understood BAB
    Yesterday at 05:00:25 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Always NFL Brian
    Yesterday at 05:00:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yepp
    Yesterday at 05:06:57 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Can't wait to see the madness
    Yesterday at 05:10:27 PM
  • Daddy: God im sooooooo busy today. Im trying to get errands and profsl done before the draft :doh:
    Yesterday at 06:05:24 PM
  • Daddy: There is no way but im gonna keep at it.
    Yesterday at 06:06:27 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: as long as u r here for draft
    Yesterday at 06:08:49 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Go pack go
    Yesterday at 07:26:45 PM
  • Daddy: I thought i had converted you to a Ram fan by now @janes (insert eye emoji)
    Yesterday at 07:35:47 PM
  • Braves155: Sup guys
    Yesterday at 07:35:57 PM
  • Daddy: NFL DRAFT second only to the NFL LIVE Draft in entertainment!
    Yesterday at 08:52:12 PM
  • Daddy: 8/1/24 8PM Change your NFL LIVE teams future with these guys right here!
    Yesterday at 08:52:53 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Plan on it.
    Yesterday at 09:25:23 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Interesting developments so far. If you need a QB in NFL Live. Plenty of them have 1st round pedigree
    Yesterday at 10:53:26 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE Draft Room [link] current picks, 2024 preview & history.
    Yesterday at 11:06:17 PM
  • Braves155: Daddy, what are your thoughts on the NFL Draft thus far?
    Yesterday at 11:34:39 PM
  • Braves155: Or anyone, what ya think?
    Yesterday at 11:35:07 PM
  • dbreer23: Vegeta100 PM
    Yesterday at 11:40:43 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of surprised tonight as expected. Offensive heavy. 6 QBs in the 1st. 7 WRs. Fun night
    Today at 12:52:03 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Alot of NFL Live implications. Cant wait to see it unfold. On to night 2
    Today at 12:52:28 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i wish we took cooper Frick
    Today at 01:05:02 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: we coulda waited on pearsall
    Today at 01:05:12 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: as much as i do like him a bit cuz he was dceent at ASU and solid at UF
    Today at 01:05:26 AM