Author Topic: Power Rankings  (Read 11506 times)

Dan Wood

Power Rankings
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:12:13 AM »
You wanted it you got it...Just one man's opinion

POWER RANKINGS - 4/23/12

1. Dodgers - Looking for a three-peat (crap I owe Pat Riley money now). Sick, sick line-up and enough pitching to get them by.
2. Oakland - You've heard of stars and scrubs, this is stars and solids. Rob could use some pitching as it looks like Liriano is heading to an asylum.
3. Yankees - Despite injuries, they still have some of the best players at their respective positions. If Morse and Crawford don't come back soon, I don't think they hold this ranking for long.
4. Rockies - The collection of talent is just too good. This is an instance where you can blame their record on the manager.
5. Phillies - Age may one day catch up to this team, but for right now they are firing on all cylinders.
6. Braves - They have performed well thus far. Sick pitching staff - arguably the best, however his bats will need to keep it up in order to maintain this position.
7. Brewers - Usually in the top 3, but the Brewers are hurting right now from injury and under performance. Lack of depth has hurt them thus far.
8.  Boston - Jeter's hot start and and excellent pitching staff of 2,000 land them here. They could use a bell cow in their line-up.
9. Rangers - Best record in FGM. Solid from top to bottom. Most of his line-up has gotten off to an insane start. If they can keep it up then they will be a giant headache for the A's.
10. Reds - Need Ike, Beckham, Duda, and Montero to turn things around. Injuries to the pitching staff have hurt.
11. Rays - Unfortunately they play in the AL East, but if they add a SP soon, then they could be a lot of trouble.
12. Twins - Really like the combo of Mourneau and Hafner. Solid team in a very close division.
13. Cardinals - Can't count Paul out, ever...but if some of his players don't step up then it could be a long season in what is considered the toughest division in this league.
14. Astros - I feel this ranking will change and we will see the Stros in the top 10. It is a very well constructed ball-club. Francisco may be playing above his head at the moment.
15. Royals - Partying like it's 2007. D. Wright and HanRam are back. Santana is a stud. Has reinforcements on the way in Fister (giggle) and Timmy Hudson. My pick to win the AL Central.
16. Indians - Another solid team that plays in a Central division. Panda, Votto, Werthless, and Choo make this an interesting team. Can't see Schafer maintaining his level of performance.
17. Pirates - Wieters has arrived. Gio is for real. Swisher is out of his mind. Ethier is back. Youk is done.
18. Nats - Jake has done an excellent job with this team that was a steaming pile as of last season. Prince and Desi make for a solid foundation, and has some very underrated pitching after Kershaw.
19. Currently first in their division. Injury to Hudson hurts. How long can Pena, Cozart, and Jackson keep this up?
20. Blue Jays - Giving Daniel the benefit of the doubt on this because he has proved me worng in the past, just don't see the talent on this squad that this team has had in the past.
21. Cubs - After an off-season exorcism the Cubs have a pulse. Phillips and Gordon need to get their crap together, Carp needs off the DL, and Trout needs to be in the OF. They could make some noise.
22. Mets - Another team built with a endless bank account. When will Harper show up, when will they get some pitching.
23. Marlins - Upset my Reds this week. If Rios is back, coupled with Delmon, Sweeney, and AJ, this team may do more damage than people think.
24. D'Backs - Last years team that came out of nowhere. Could use that extra push that Ells gave them last season, you know if he wasn't hurt and in Baltimore.
25. Tigers - This team should be putting up better numbers than they have. Does Damon have anything left?
26. Mariners - Built more for the long haul, it'll be interesting to see how long Cargo remains in town
27. Giants - Pitching, nuff said. Flash has gotta find a way to get some bats in that line up. Flash is leading the free Brandon Belt charge.
28. Angels - His pitching should be better than it is. Clint Barmes has submarined the teams efforts thus far. I think we will see better results from this franchise.
29. Padres - Has a bunch of usable supporting players (Latos non-withstanding). Needs to get some top tier talent to SD.
30. Orioles - Ells going down was a huge blow, but this GM should be commended for sticking to the plan. If scouting reports are to be believed, then this team will be very good one of these days.

So that is that, first power ranking of the year. I don't like doing them too early because you really don't have a sense of what to expect from each team. I think we are getting to a place where every team can be competitive on a week to week basis. We still have dominant teams, no doubt, but in years past it was 4-5 teams and then everyone else. #10-20 could be argued and swapped all day long. Same with #20-29.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:22:19 AM by Dan Wood »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

Re: Power Rankings
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 11:54:54 AM »
You wanted it you got it...Just one man's opinion

POWER RANKINGS - 4/23/12

1. Dodgers - Looking for a three-peat (crap I owe Pat Riley money now). Sick, sick line-up and enough pitching to get them by.
2. Oakland - You've heard of stars and scrubs, this is stars and solids. Rob could use some pitching as it looks like Liriano is heading to an asylum.
3. Yankees - Despite injuries, they still have some of the best players at their respective positions. If Morse and Crawford don't come back soon, I don't think they hold this ranking for long.
4. Rockies - The collection of talent is just too good. This is an instance where you can blame their record on the manager.
5. Phillies - Age may one day catch up to this team, but for right now they are firing on all cylinders.
6. Braves - They have performed well thus far. Sick pitching staff - arguably the best, however his bats will need to keep it up in order to maintain this position.
7. Brewers - Usually in the top 3, but the Brewers are hurting right now from injury and under performance. Lack of depth has hurt them thus far.
8.  Boston - Jeter's hot start and and excellent pitching staff of 2,000 land them here. They could use a bell cow in their line-up.
9. Rangers - Best record in FGM. Solid from top to bottom. Most of his line-up has gotten off to an insane start. If they can keep it up then they will be a giant headache for the A's.
10. Reds - Need Ike, Beckham, Duda, and Montero to turn things around. Injuries to the pitching staff have hurt.
11. Rays - Unfortunately they play in the AL East, but if they add a SP soon, then they could be a lot of trouble.
12. Twins - Really like the combo of Mourneau and Hafner. Solid team in a very close division.
13. Cardinals - Can't count Paul out, ever...but if some of his players don't step up then it could be a long season in what is considered the toughest division in this league.
14. Astros - I feel this ranking will change and we will see the Stros in the top 10. It is a very well constructed ball-club. Francisco may be playing above his head at the moment.
15. Royals - Partying like it's 2007. D. Wright and HanRam are back. Santana is a stud. Has reinforcements on the way in Fister (giggle) and Timmy Hudson. My pick to win the AL Central.
16. Indians - Another solid team that plays in a Central division. Panda, Votto, Werthless, and Choo make this an interesting team. Can't see Schafer maintaining his level of performance.
17. Pirates - Wieters has arrived. Gio is for real. Swisher is out of his mind. Ethier is back. Youk is done.
18. Nats - Jake has done an excellent job with this team that was a steaming pile as of last season. Prince and Desi make for a solid foundation, and has some very underrated pitching after Kershaw.
19. Currently first in their division. Injury to Hudson hurts. How long can Pena, Cozart, and Jackson keep this up?
20. Blue Jays - Giving Daniel the benefit of the doubt on this because he has proved me worng in the past, just don't see the talent on this squad that this team has had in the past.
21. Cubs - After an off-season exorcism the Cubs have a pulse. Phillips and Gordon need to get their crap together, Carp needs off the DL, and Trout needs to be in the OF. They could make some noise.
22. Mets - Another team built with a endless bank account. When will Harper show up, when will they get some pitching.
23. Marlins - Upset my Reds this week. If Rios is back, coupled with Delmon, Sweeney, and AJ, this team may do more damage than people think.
24. D'Backs - Last years team that came out of nowhere. Could use that extra push that Ells gave them last season, you know if he wasn't hurt and in Baltimore.
25. Tigers - This team should be putting up better numbers than they have. Does Damon have anything left?
26. Mariners - Built more for the long haul, it'll be interesting to see how long Cargo remains in town
27. Giants - Pitching, nuff said. Flash has gotta find a way to get some bats in that line up. Flash is leading the free Brandon Belt charge.
28. Angels - His pitching should be better than it is. Clint Barmes has submarined the teams efforts thus far. I think we will see better results from this franchise.
29. Padres - Has a bunch of usable supporting players (Latos non-withstanding). Needs to get some top tier talent to SD.
30. Orioles - Ells going down was a huge blow, but this GM should be commended for sticking to the plan. If scouting reports are to be believed, then this team will be very good one of these days.

So that is that, first power ranking of the year. I don't like doing them too early because you really don't have a sense of what to expect from each team. I think we are getting to a place where every team can be competitive on a week to week basis. We still have dominant teams, no doubt, but in years past it was 4-5 teams and then everyone else. #10-20 could be argued and swapped all day long. Same with #20-29.

Dan these look great, thanks!  I really enjoyed reading through....although I think you have my Padres pegged all wrong....which I like :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:17:26 PM »
Rays are hoping Jarrod Parker is that SP you were speaking of DW  :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Jake

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 12:25:47 AM »
I liked the Pat Riley bit. Nothing else caught my eye. :koolaid:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 07:50:01 AM »
Maybe because you weren't looking at dudes in chaps... :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jake

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »
...I'm sorry, did you say something? I keep getting distracted searching for the next George Michael concert.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 11:03:07 AM »
...I'm sorry, did you say something? I keep getting distracted searching for the next George Michael concert.
He's doing a remake...it's called "I want your SPECS...I want your STUDS."  :o
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »
I think the teams 10-20 could easily switch places.  They are all very close in talent.  Luck will ultimately separate them as the teams in the top 9 spots are either big market powerhouses or established small market machines such as Oakland and Milwaukee.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

joeshmoe

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »
I think the teams 10-20 could easily switch places.  They are all very close in talent.  Luck will ultimately separate them as the teams in the top 9 spots are either big market powerhouses or established small market machines such as Oakland and Milwaukee.

Agreed, but I think we could see a leveling out here in the next few years.  I suspect the Orioles to be a great team very shortly.

I know the Padres made questionable decisions in my first draft, and etc. but I think last year was a great draft for SD.  Baez, Lopez, Meyer (is a giant LHP).  Just took some time.  I also have a small market which handicaps my teams pursuit of Free Agents.  Lastly, the former regimes hadn't really left much.  Tate was a disappointment thus far. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 08:57:18 AM »
Big changes this week in the power rankings.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Dont believe me? See for yourself.
    April 27, 2024, 10:32:08 PM
  • Daddy: Dont like me? So what
    April 27, 2024, 10:32:18 PM
  • Daddy: If you like sports and like dynasty. And you arent in LIVE... You aint hurting me none. You just wont know how good you really are. Pretending to be the best, isnt being the best.
    April 27, 2024, 10:33:55 PM
  • Daddy: The "best GMs" seek the best competition. Period.
    April 27, 2024, 10:38:07 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL Carolina Hurricanes welcome new owners MooseMan & GoForth :CAR-NHL: [link] :CAR-NHL:
    April 28, 2024, 01:44:14 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Here to talk
    April 28, 2024, 10:25:28 PM
  • dbreer23: PM Mt_Crushmore
    Yesterday at 12:58:42 AM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Pm DBreer23
    Yesterday at 01:30:41 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE updates are happening on fantrax and profsl.
    Yesterday at 02:49:06 PM
  • Daddy: Check your profiles on each site and pms to be sure you are caught up but more updates are coming its a massive league and its a busy time.
    Yesterday at 02:50:11 PM
  • Daddy: NFL/NCAA LIVE football commith.
    Yesterday at 02:51:48 PM
  • Daddy: Recruiting begins June 1
    Yesterday at 02:52:19 PM
  • Daddy: Draft is August 1
    Yesterday at 02:52:40 PM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE Draft [link] one week after MLB Draft is set and locked in.
    Yesterday at 02:55:01 PM
  • Daddy: Huge NFL LIVE trade up in the draft.
    Yesterday at 03:35:50 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to both teams
    Yesterday at 03:36:00 PM
  • Daddy: @Sky welcome back to profsl. @indiansnation @Brent are two GMs that i know remember you on site. There are probably many others. Big time return. :toast:
    Yesterday at 06:05:28 PM
  • Sky: :) Thanks Daddy! You pulled me back in lol
    Yesterday at 06:58:51 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for any talks
    Yesterday at 08:16:52 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Vegeta100 PM'D you.
    Yesterday at 09:51:48 PM
  • Daddy: There are pms flying all over the place and trades happening in multiple sports.
    Yesterday at 11:16:34 PM
  • Daddy: Dont let the clean boards fool you. :) Run those teams and dominate somebody.
    Yesterday at 11:17:59 PM
  • Daddy: There goes another trade. Congratulations to the trading teams.
    Yesterday at 11:20:39 PM
  • Daddy: Sky you old sly devil you. You been back on site 15 minutes :rofl:
    Yesterday at 11:21:27 PM
  • Sky: :) why wait. got players I like
    Yesterday at 11:22:17 PM
  • Brent: Sky, Welcome back.  PM sent.
    Yesterday at 11:29:45 PM
  • Daddy: I knew @Brent would approve.
    Yesterday at 11:30:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Im glad your guys dont like my minors exspecially this guy
    Today at 12:20:25 AM
  • indiansnation: Tugboat' joins lofty company on 15-K night Wilkinson twirls six hitless innings for Single-A Lynchburg
    Today at 12:20:31 AM
  • indiansnation: P   Matt Wilkinson
    Today at 12:21:09 AM
  • indiansnation: I love my indians pitchers cant wait to they make it to mlb roster
    Today at 12:21:57 AM
  • Daddy: I changed your name to the Guardians and i tried to change your profile name to Guardiansnation but it wouldn't let me.
    Today at 12:23:23 AM
  • indiansnation: [link]
    Today at 12:23:47 AM
  • dbreer23: 6'1" 270 lbs - ding, ding!
    Today at 12:23:49 AM
  • Daddy: You dinosaur
    Today at 12:23:52 AM
  • indiansnation: Guardians might bot draft great hitters but guardians have one of the best pitching farms in mlb
    Today at 12:24:46 AM
  • indiansnation: And he was draft in10th round in 2023 draft
    Today at 12:25:37 AM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE all that matters. I'd rather win the LIVE Championship than see the Phillies win the WS #Factz
    Today at 12:26:23 AM
  • indiansnation: Thats why the vet gms pn this site do so good with their minors they spend alot of time reasearching
    Today at 12:26:58 AM
  • Daddy: I did one. I watched the other. Im a doing kind of guy first.
    Today at 12:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Well daddy dont get your hopes up this yr u ate not going to win it
    Today at 12:27:37 AM
  • Daddy: You have to research now. We eliminated the rules that allow people to hijack prospects because they think you smart but they dont know chit.
    Today at 12:29:11 AM
  • Daddy: You cant hide or be a poser. You gotta post up your own FAs and prospect finds.
    Today at 12:29:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    Today at 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    Today at 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    Today at 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    Today at 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    Today at 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    Today at 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    Today at 12:33:17 AM