Author Topic: RC Discussion on Adding a 5 Player MiLB (RC Members Only Please)  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
Re: RC Discussion on Adding a 5 Player MiLB (RC Members Only Please)
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2015, 07:39:16 PM »

Some questions I have regarding the 5 minor league spots are:
1. How will these roster positions be tracked?
2. Players placed on the minor league roster in Fantrax?
3. Will these players be added to the EDR roster on the PROFSL page?
4. Will they be clearly be identified?
5. What problems will this cause tracking Minor league players vs. EDR players?
6. Who can be placed on the minor league roster? Only players that have never played in an MLB Game? Players I have signed? Players I have traded for?
7. Does a player need to be removed once he plays in an MLB Game?
8. Would it be easier to implement, track and improve the league more by removing the EDR and going straight to a minor league roster (with eligibility requirements) where players can be called up/sent down?

1. How will these roster positions be tracked? 
The MiLB players will be identified with a date stamp similiar to what we use for signed Free Agents.

2. Players placed on the minor league roster in Fantrax?
Yes, we will expand the Fantrax Minor League roster to 25 and they will be there with our EDRs.

3. Will these players be added to the EDR roster on the PROFSL page?
Yes, they will be on the EDR roster with a date stamp label.

4. Will they be clearly be identified?
Yes, they will be identified with a date stamp label.

5. What problems will this cause tracking Minor league players vs. EDR players?
We don't envision any problems other than monitoring if a player passes the threshold.  If they are beyond the Prospect Threshold and on the three year cycle, they can remain on the EDR/MiLB roster, but once they are activated they cannot return.  A player beyond the threshold, cannot be "sent" to the minors, even if they are in the minors because they do not meet the criteria for a MiLB player.  The automatic activation rule for EDRs will no longer be in effect.

6. Who can be placed on the minor league roster? Only players that have never played in an MLB Game? Players I have signed? Players I have traded for?

These questions are answered by the original posted rule change.  It would apply to any player presently on your roster, acquired in trade, or acquired in the free agent auction.  But once again, here are the specific criteria for placing a player in one of the 5 MiLB roster spots:

Any player may be placed in the minors at any time, as long as they fall under the following requirements:

Determining rookie status:

- A player shall be considered a rookie unless, during a previous season or seasons, he has (a) played in 50 games (position player) or (b) accumulated 40 IP (pitcher) in the Major Leagues.

- A player that is over these limits is not eligible to be SENT to the Minors.  However, if a player already in the minors hits these limits he may remain in the minors indefinitely.  GM's are not forced to promote players that hit the threshold.  The limit is only for sending a player to the minors.

- A player must be on a P-20XX contract to be eligible.

- An MiLB player's contract would not count against the team salary cap.

7. Does a player need to be removed once he plays in an MLB Game?
To reiterate, the present EDR rule for immediate activation will no longer be used.  A player can remain on the EDR/MiLB roster as long as he is on a (P-20XX) contract.  If a player is on a (P-20XX) contract and is on the three year cycle because he is passed the threshold, he cannot be moved down, but if he is on the EDR/MiLB roster, he does not have to be activated.  It is a basic assumption that once a player is past the threshold, a GM will probably activate him at some point to help his team.

8. Would it be easier to implement, track and improve the league more by removing the EDR and going straight to a minor league roster (with eligibility requirements) where players can be called up/sent down?
Regardless of the answer, that is not the question before the Rules Committee. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline shooter47

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 10:44:18 PM »
So this proposal would modify the existing EDR by adjusting the current requirement where players need to get called up when they make there MLB debut?

So basically we will have 25 spots. 20 EDR spots that can only be used for players we draft and 5 roster spots that can be used for any player that qualifies for the minor league requirements.

What's the reasoning for keeping the restrictions on the 20 EDR roster spots. Would it be less complex and easier for new GMs if we just went with a full 25 man minor league roster. It seems like this concept will be even more confusing to GMs then the current EDR. Personally I don't see a good reason to keep 20 roster spots as EDR spots.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline rcankosy

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2015, 02:38:00 PM »
After reading those complicated rules, I am even more convinced that eliminating the EDR altogether and setting up a format similar to Moneyball is the right way to go.

How is it this has worked so successfully in MB, yet I read that it would be difficult to implement in this league?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Grandpa Brian
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:15 PM
  • indiansnation: No thanks daddy im looking to take your team out. I want to make my @@@ch
    April 13, 2024, 11:15:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking for one moe big bat and a couple of starting pitching
    April 13, 2024, 11:16:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Back at u bigfry
    April 13, 2024, 11:24:04 PM
  • Daddy: Im preparing for Hockey domination. :)
    April 14, 2024, 12:06:09 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry important pm read the latest pm i sent u
    April 14, 2024, 12:14:42 AM
  • indiansnation: Dad yea u going down in that league also nhl live u got no chance in any live leagues
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy im takening u out
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:47 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm trade offer sent
    April 14, 2024, 12:36:54 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry back at u
    April 14, 2024, 12:57:58 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry trade posted everything u mentioned to me
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlouis blues 91 pm back at u
    April 14, 2024, 01:34:40 AM
  • indiansnation: Debreer23 pm
    April 14, 2024, 01:37:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 02:36:03 AM
  • Daddy: Geezus that MLB board is lit up. Lets clean that up a bit.
    April 14, 2024, 01:24:20 PM
  • Daddy: Great job Gary, thank you.
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:52 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Daddy pm
    April 14, 2024, 03:31:53 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 04:13:22 PM
  • Alpha5: The nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
  • Alpha5: De nothing
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:12 PM
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    Yesterday at 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    Yesterday at 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    Yesterday at 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    Yesterday at 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    Yesterday at 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    Yesterday at 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    Yesterday at 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    Yesterday at 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    Yesterday at 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    Yesterday at 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    Yesterday at 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    Yesterday at 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    Yesterday at 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    Yesterday at 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    Today at 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    Today at 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    Today at 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    Today at 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    Today at 11:37:48 AM