Author Topic: Power Rankings - First Quarter  (Read 521 times)

Offline GypsieDeathBringer

• League Moderator
  • MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :ORL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :Pittsburgh:
    • :blank:
    • View Profile
Power Rankings - First Quarter
« on: February 15, 2021, 01:46:01 PM »
There was a time where I knew all the players for all our teams here, but that time is no more with so many teams switching places.  It reminds me of a scene from the great great move "Baseketball" 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivzrbp_WR8w
I think I've shared this before, but this is Pandemic times and I remember nothing before Covid and I can't see a time after it. 

So, here is the current standings of our league with some nonsense comments that may or may not be about each one of them.

1 - New York Islanders  (9-1)  -  The Islanders, or as I call them old Maple Leafs in my head because I treat this league like Fight Club and the first rule of this league is nobody else I know cares about it to be able to talk out loud with, are sitting in first place firmly on the shoulders of Matthews and Marner. Matthews was on pace for 50 goals and Marner an 80 pt season in 52 games.

2 - St. Louis Blues  (8-2)  -  Currently lapping the league in pts scored. Shooter is like King Midas except everything Shooter touches either scores goals or saves them. 

3 - Arizona Coyotes  (8-2)  -  The rebuild is officially complete.  Rebuilt to be better, faster, stronger these Coyotes have 13 skaters at or above 3 pts/g with the oldest player being 24 years old.  May our new overlord be gentle in their spanking of us for the next 6 years.

4 - Los Angeles Kings  (7-3)  -  Connor McDavid had a stretch of 8 games where he had 20 real life NHL pts.  Clearly absurd.  I am too young to have watched Gretzky and Lemieux in their prime, but those old bastards did that for years.  What a special thing it would've been to see every week.

5 - Pittsburgh Penguins  (7-3)  -  The Eichel trade has so far not been revolutionary for my team, but that is what happens when you put your faith in any part of the NHL Sabres.  If I wasn't a Pirates fan I'd say they might be the single worst franchise to invest even a single minute of one's time.

6 - Seattle Kraken  (7-3) -  Lafreniere has 1 pt in 13 games.  Kakko has 3 pts in 12 games.  This is why proven modest production will nearly always beat hopeful high end production.  *Looks at Erik Karlsson's numbers*  Or, maybe not.  Hockey doesn't make perfect sense.  Probably better to yell "shoot the puck" and "stay in your net" like my 5 year old instead of trying to predict things.

7 - Chicago Blackhawks  (7-3)  -  Jeff Petry has to be the most underrated player.  Dude just crushes year after year.  Also, when did Di Giuseppe make it back onto this team?   Past mistakes repeated over and over genuinely bring us on par to NHL GMs.

8 - Winnipeg Jets (7-3)  -  Nathan MacKinnon is shooting 4% and yet he is still averaging almost 5 fantasy pts/g.  What a monster.  I cannot wait for him to sign his $11m contract this off season, so I can pick the bones of these Jets.

9 - Washington Capitals (7-3)  -  With the NHL schedule being divisional play I've seen alot of Ovechkin versus the Penguins and firmly believe if he wants to he will be the all time leading NHL goal scorer.  He is still fast enough.  His shot is still a thing to fear.  Dude is one of a kind.  You know, that one kind of dude that will always be in Crosby's shadow.

10 - Vancouver Canucks (7-3)  -  Jonathan Quick is playing a strong game in the Who Wants To Be The Worst Goalie.  Right up there with Matt Murray and Tristan Jarry.  At some point you just have to bring in the 40 year old equipment manager to see if it is the team or goalie (probably both).

11 - Philadelphia Flyers (6-4)  -  I have a secret to share.  I found a magic lamp with an actual genie in it.  The Genie gave me 3 wishes and the first wish I asked for was to keep the Flyers at just a little over .500 every single year.  To give them a taste, but never a full bite.  My 2nd and 3rd wish was to never hear my children whine at me.  Sadly my children's power is stronger than ancient magic.  Wishes wasted.

12 - Toronto Maple Leafs  (6-4)  -  Andrew Copp is the perfect example of giving a guy more minutes and them just stepping into the role perfectly.  Then he'll crawl back under his 3rd line rock with Dubois on the team, but until that time rock on Copp. 

13 - Anaheim Ducks  (4-6)  -  Bergeron may actually be a cyborg sent from the future to play faultless 2-way hockey. 

14 - Colorado Avalanche  (3-7)  -  Brad Marchand may actually be a failed Canadian super soldier where they cross bred animals and people.  They just always turned out to look like people, but act like animals. They were not helpful on the battlefield, but made effective hockey players.

15 - New York Rangers  (3-7)  -  Kreider is having trouble scoring goals since he signed his big money contract and changed the composition of his stick to pure gold.

16 - Buffalo Sabres  (2-8)  -  Sometimes there is just one lonely little firefly brightening a team's spirit.  For the Sabres that player is Jordan Kyrou.  Fluttering about with his butt aglow. 

17 - Detroit Red Wings  (1-9)  -  When Brandon Tanev is your best player it is time to plan for next year.  Oh no... that tracts with the NHL Penguins as well.

18 - Ottawa Senators  (1-9)  -  Much like their NHL counterpart these Senators are looking towards the future.   :soapbox:  A future where undersized skilled hockey players can compete on equal footing with slow footed giants.  A future where outright racism and bigotry gets you kicked out of the league.  A future where beer, which is mostly just water, does not cost $8 a cup, or for that matter where water doesn't cost $4 a bottle at sports events.  A future where you can watch sports in person.  Ah... the future sounds grand.  Rant over.

19 - Vegas Golden Knights  (0-10)  -  Joel Eriksson Ek has a ridiculous name, but a non-ridiculous 8 pts in 11 games with completely sustainable metrics.  He looks like the real deal and could lead these Knights in guarding the Islanders reign at the top for the next 5 years.

20 - Boston Bruins  (0-10)  -  Much like "nobody can out pizza the hut".  Nobody can out "be the most futile hockey team" the Bruins.  Setting the leagues lowest point total in a week with 19 to begin this year.
funny
dislike
No reactions
Members reacted like:
SlackJack,
No reactions
2011-12 Dynasty NHL Champion :CAR-NHL:
[Dynasty NHL :PIT-NHL:]
[ProFSL Dynasty Hockey :PIT-NHL:]

Offline jmtrops

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :NE:
    • :Blank:
    • :TBL:
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
Re: Power Rankings - First Quarter
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 02:28:42 PM »
always good stuff
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Rob

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NE:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :BOS-NHL:
    • :NewHampshire:
    • :NER:
    • :BOS:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 09:52:23 AM »
This is kind of a tale of the haves and have nots.  The strength of teams after 12 drops significantly (not sure if that's also represented in FP). 

Surprises:  NYI and WAS for opposite reasons. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Anthony

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 10000
    • :CHI:
    • :CHI-NBA:
    • :CHI-NHL:
    • :Minnesota:
    • :CHC:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 02:30:54 AM »
I can't get rid of Di Guiseppe, I will forever keep making that same mistake until he's a two time champ
funny
dislike
Members reacted funny:
jmtrops,
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    April 15, 2024, 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    April 15, 2024, 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    April 16, 2024, 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    April 16, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    April 16, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    April 16, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    April 16, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    Yesterday at 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    Yesterday at 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    Yesterday at 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    Yesterday at 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    Yesterday at 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    Yesterday at 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    Yesterday at 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    Yesterday at 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    Yesterday at 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    Yesterday at 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    Yesterday at 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    Yesterday at 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    Yesterday at 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    Yesterday at 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    Yesterday at 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    Yesterday at 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    Yesterday at 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    Yesterday at 11:00:36 PM