Author Topic: Activity Level  (Read 2098 times)

Offline papps

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 9
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • :PHI-NBA:
    • :PHI-NHL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PHI:
    • View Profile
Activity Level
« on: July 16, 2013, 10:25:09 AM »
It saddens me to see the activity level of this league.  This used to be a great active league.  Now its the same five or six GMs active all the time and thats it.  We have a TC that takes forever to vote, GMs don't answer PMs, and some GMs don't sign in for a month.  I think the pay leagues are killing this free league.  I know people are busy and I respect that but its just depressing to see the state of the league now.  I think we should add one or two more people to the TC.  Is the rule still in place about inactive GMs being replaced? 

I apologize if I come off like I'm complaining.  I just love this league very much and I just want to see it active again like it was two years ago.  I know there are others here that feel the same way I do.  I hope you guys care about this league as much as I do.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 - 2021 NFL Live Champion :TB-NFL:
🏆 - 2020 Bush League Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 Franchise GM Champion :PHI:
🏆 - 2018 The League Champion :PIT-NFL:
🏆 - 2016 Moneyball II Champion :BOS:
🏆 - 2010 Agents vs GMs Champion :PHI:

Offline rcankosy

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Activity Level
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »
It saddens me to see the activity level of this league.  This used to be a great active league.  Now its the same five or six GMs active all the time and thats it.  We have a TC that takes forever to vote, GMs don't answer PMs, and some GMs don't sign in for a month.  I think the pay leagues are killing this free league.  I know people are busy and I respect that but its just depressing to see the state of the league now.  I think we should add one or two more people to the TC.  Is the rule still in place about inactive GMs being replaced? 

I apologize if I come off like I'm complaining.  I just love this league very much and I just want to see it active again like it was two years ago.  I know there are others here that feel the same way I do.  I hope you guys care about this league as much as I do.

There will always be certain owners who invest more time and energy in the leagues in which their teams are doing well or pay leagues.  Don't let it get you down, because we have a GREAT core of dedicated owners in this league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline papps

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »
There will always be certain owners who invest more time and energy in the leagues in which their teams are doing well or pay leagues.  Don't let it get you down, because we have a GREAT core of dedicated owners in this league.

There is no doubt there are many great owners in this league and its why I love it so much.  I just would like to see more activity.   :thumbsup:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kungfuwig

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NY:
    • :CLG:
    • :ArizonaState:
    • View Profile
Activity Level
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 02:49:29 PM »
It does seem to have slowed quite a bit. With that said I still believe it is a solid league and at then end of the year we need to evaluate all owners. The trade deadline should help activity pick up.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is your life and its ending one minute at a time"

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »
It does seem to have slowed quite a bit. With that said I still believe it is a solid league and at then end of the year we need to evaluate all owners. The trade deadline should help activity pick up.
:iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Eric

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 02:54:52 PM »
I am all for helping with the league. If you need TC I can.

One thing that bugs me is rosters not getting updated. We should always have a back up somewhere so we can get it updated on time. Mine hasnt been updated since June 6th, which is very frustrating when I can trying to make moves via trades or FA.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline papps

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 03:05:28 PM »
I'm pretty sure there is a spot or two open on the TC.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 02:25:19 AM »
Like all leagues, there are periods of fierce activity and then there are times of uneasy silence.  There was certainly a lot of discussion surrounding the ownership of the Dodgers.  Some of that got quite personal at times, but it piqued a lot of interest.  It also generated some 37 responses in another thread on what to do in the future when there is another opening.  Granted, many of the responses are posted by a small core of respondents, those who are in leadership or have a vested interest, but nonetheless, it's probably monitored by a good portion of the league.

The question of what constitutes activity is a common one amongst many leagues.  Is it measured by weekly posts such as Power Rankings (which take a lot of research and effort)?  Fantrax requests?  Polls (like the one regarding OUDAN and VolsRaysBucs)? Posts on rules, problems, and complaints? Or the number of posts we make on whatever is on the board?  This is certainly an open-ended question because it's subjective at best.

I recall my appointment to the RC being challenged by another league member because I openly admitted I don't post very much.  I could have gotten into a "post battle", but I chose not to.  Sometimes, like trades, the best response is to simply not respond.  That is not to say we should ignore PMs because we all know how irritating that can be, but I know that sometimes we get PMs that are nonsense too. 

I know that perception isn't always reality, but I think we have a good thing going here because we don't have any dead teams--at least I don't know of any. I think that is a solid indicator of a league's strength.

Like the rest of you, I enjoy some of the post explosions by various members.  I think we just have a league that is experiencing some leadership changeover (Paul S., rcankosy, et al).  Maybe some duties and responsibilities need to be task specific (like Fantrax regulation, roster updates, pitching limits, etc.)   

Just some thoughts from West Coast. :agent:

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 09:26:43 PM »
Still a good league, my lower activity is due to professional life and personal life with 3 year old, 8 month old, and another one on the way.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 12:58:30 AM »
Still a good league, my lower activity is due to professional life and personal life with 3 year old, 8 month old, and another one on the way.
And still one of the teams smashing heads! :doh:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    April 15, 2024, 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    April 15, 2024, 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    April 16, 2024, 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    April 16, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    April 16, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    April 16, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    April 16, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    Yesterday at 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    Yesterday at 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    Yesterday at 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    Yesterday at 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    Yesterday at 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    Yesterday at 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    Yesterday at 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    Yesterday at 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    Yesterday at 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    Yesterday at 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    Yesterday at 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    Yesterday at 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    Yesterday at 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    Yesterday at 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    Yesterday at 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    Yesterday at 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    Yesterday at 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    Yesterday at 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    Yesterday at 11:00:36 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS looking very tough for one team :ANA: 155.05 v 236.25 :NYR: with only today's games left to plan. :judge: [link]
    Today at 10:44:33 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any deals
    Today at 06:30:53 PM