Author Topic: RC - Please Vote on the Future Owner of the Dodgers  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
RC - Please Vote on the Future Owner of the Dodgers
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2013, 09:11:25 PM »
Who has the longest tenure for a transfer?

Joeshmoe

Who is the most reputable MLB GM applying for the job?

MTK

Who is another FGM GM who served his time and lost out on the Dodgers wrongly last time?

BHows

Who has done a great job since transferring from Detroit to Boston?

Nerwffej

Who would bring new blood to the league?

Joe

Who has applied before, is very active, and wants to stay with one team?

Eric

Who deserves it?

That's the big question.  It is a subjective matter.  People shouldn't get upset.  It is a fantasy league.  Personally, in any other keeper league, you don't get the opportunity to take someone else's team when they leave.

I like the idea of Chris or BHows getting it.  Worse teams should go to new GMs and Chris has served his team albeit the Padres have improved very little.  Meanwhile, BHows deserves to be back in this league and lost out unfairly but so did Joeshmoe with the Yankees when OUDAN took them.

How many times can BHows apply for the Dodgers and be rejected?  He and nerwffej have the best FGM resumes and should be considered first and foremost if tenure isn't the ultimate decision maker.  With that said, I vote for BHows.

However, don't throw any candidate under the bus in this discussion.  Likewise, candidates shouldn't be complaining about the process and calling out people.  This is meant to be a fun league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

joeshmoe

Re: RC - Please Vote on the Future Owner of the Dodgers
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2013, 10:57:12 PM »
Who has the longest tenure for a transfer?

Joeshmoe

Who is the most reputable MLB GM applying for the job?

MTK

Who is another FGM GM who served his time and lost out on the Dodgers wrongly last time?

BHows

Who has done a great job since transferring from Detroit to Boston?

Nerwffej

Who would bring new blood to the league?

Joe

Who has applied before, is very active, and wants to stay with one team?

Eric

Who deserves it?

That's the big question.  It is a subjective matter.  People shouldn't get upset.  It is a fantasy league.  Personally, in any other keeper league, you don't get the opportunity to take someone else's team when they leave.

I like the idea of Chris or BHows getting it.  Worse teams should go to new GMs and Chris has served his team albeit the Padres have improved very little.  Meanwhile, BHows deserves to be back in this league and lost out unfairly but so did Joeshmoe with the Yankees when OUDAN took them.

How many times can BHows apply for the Dodgers and be rejected?  He and nerwffej have the best FGM resumes and should be considered first and foremost if tenure isn't the ultimate decision maker.  With that said, I vote for BHows.

However, don't throw any candidate under the bus in this discussion.  Likewise, candidates shouldn't be complaining about the process and calling out people.  This is meant to be a fun league.

I'd like to know what the expectations were for a team that had little cap space, no assets and a terrible roster?  What more could I have done?  How many times can Rick apply for it and get rejected?  How many times can I apply for a transfer and be rejected without the same argument for me?  The fact is no one has been objective and applied why, only what they think.  That's not cool.  Why was it you think Rick did so well with the White Sox?  What was the expectation (since it was changed midstream) for me to apply for a job?  And yes I will COMPLAIN when the rule change of the procedure only negatively impacts me.  Why did we set up a rule that made me think I was next in line if that wasn't the rule?

Why did a member approach Rick before the situation was handled in the appropriate manner?  A member went to him and suggested he should apply, totally out of line with the rules that existed.  And those rules were followed up until this very transaction.  The rules were changed to prevent me from transferring and they target only me.  If nobody can understand my distress then what use is talking about it. 

Just remember this, Rick quit on this league once.  That's not calling out a member, that's just a fact.  One the entire community is willing to reward with the first job he desires to get back into.  For shame to punish me for sticking with my club.  And now it seems the RC can simply disallow any transfer I ask for.  Will I ever get a chance for a transfer?  I can't understand how a fun league, that set up a rule to stop hard feelings about this stuff, is intentionally disregarding this and creating hard feelings.  And to suggest I'm complaining unjustly is a slap in my face. 

Thanks for giving the job to Rick and saying I suck at management without giving me one reason.  Thanks.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2013, 11:13:39 PM »
And for the record this method of finding a new owner isn't something I made up or wrongly thought was what the method would actually be.  It was an executive order but the Admin for the league created the rule by using it repeatedly, and as Dan said best, we all knew what it was.  Whoever "invited" Rick did wrong, because the job was open only to internal members for 72 hours.  When I brought this inconvenient fact up a new executive order was issued to disregard the old exec order because exec orders aren't rules.   So what validates the change of transfer rules that Roy did?  There is no preceedure being followed and this whole thing is being created as we go.  That's not the way to do things.  This isn't like Shooter where the intent of the rule was unclear.  The intent of the rule was very clear for transfers.  But again, we all knew the rule and the proof is how it was applied consistently for the time period upto this time:

It has been brought to my attention that the Mariners GM, no longer wants the gig...You guys know the process. 72 hours internal, then we take it outside...Please post interest below...also please explain what you would do with the team, and try not to make it the usual, I will build with youth and veterans, blah, blah blah - snore... I would like any prospective GM to have knowledge of the players on the roster

Thank you  - Management
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kungfuwig

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NY:
    • :CLG:
    • :ArizonaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2013, 02:03:48 AM »
I personally think that we need to stick with what we have done in the past and allow internal members to have first go at the job. I think that once a member within the league has applied and become a the new owner of the team, their old team should go to a new owner from outside the league. I think that joeshmoe has been a part of this league with a tough team for a while and has not changed teams for 2 1/2 years and deserves a chance to change. I do not think owners should be allowed to change teams more than once or twice, that just is too much. If you are in this league you should be expected to take over a team with a plan and stick with it. This league is the closest to real life that I have personally been in and there will be tough seasons, but I don't think that owners should be moving around often, or should want to. I would never want to change teams even if a team like the Yankees opened up...I would hate to see my team in someone else's hands. Anyway I feel like I am ranting. I suppose that means my vote goes to joeshmoe. I also think that there should be a limit on how many teams a single owner can own in this league during his tenure here and there should also be a specific amount of time that an owner needs to be with his current team before transferring.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is your life and its ending one minute at a time"

Dan Wood

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2013, 09:13:03 AM »
Chris - you turned down the Rockies... Not like you haven't been granted a transfer before
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 10:46:10 AM »
Even though I believe the rule is bogus to begin with, the fact that it has been used on several occasions already leads me to believe it needs to be followed in this situation.  In a perfect world, a GM would be allowed one move during his time at FGM.  This would emulate real life, as rarely do GMs get to run 3 or more teams during their careers.  I would actually prefer to see newbies take over available squads, especially when they are strong teams, as parity is an issue already in this league and a good team taking a potential small step back is not catastrophic, as some believe it is. 

All of that being said, my vote is for Chris to be awarded the Dodgers.  If he goes inactive again, he is gone, period, and their can be a new period of application for the Dodgers (at which time Rick would get the job I'm sure).  Turnover lately in this league has been pretty high, so the chances of Rick having the opportunity to land a better team is also high.  As much as I like Rick, I think the guy who quits because the bounce didn't go his way should not be rewarded over the guy who stuck it out despite facing the same "bounce."  Rick is a fine GM who will do well no matter where he ends up, so I also feel this is better for the league as a whole.  Lastly, I am a big fan of rules and procedure being followed.  I have had problems in the past with leagues that cherry-picked rules based on a variety of reasons.  I've always found that things work for the better morale-wise when the letters in print are followed.  Tough call fellas, but I have to go with what I feel is the right thing to do.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

joeshmoe

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 10:57:23 AM »
Chris - you turned down the Rockies... Not like you haven't been granted a transfer before

I did throw my hat in the ring for the Rockies, but I wasn't interested by the time the I had reviewed the team and decided to remain in SD.  I'm not lying when I said I was waiting for the right transfer to a team I cared to manage...and I knew if I took that Rockies gig I wouldn't have had the chance to move somewhere better when the opportunity presented itself.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

RC - Please Vote on the Future Owner of the Dodgers
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 11:01:59 AM »
I change my vote... Chris can have the Dodgers.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 11:27:15 AM »
I'd like to know what the expectations were for a team that had little cap space, no assets and a terrible roster?  What more could I have done?  How many times can Rick apply for it and get rejected?  How many times can I apply for a transfer and be rejected without the same argument for me?  The fact is no one has been objective and applied why, only what they think.  That's not cool.  Why was it you think Rick did so well with the White Sox?  What was the expectation (since it was changed midstream) for me to apply for a job?  And yes I will COMPLAIN when the rule change of the procedure only negatively impacts me.  Why did we set up a rule that made me think I was next in line if that wasn't the rule?

Why did a member approach Rick before the situation was handled in the appropriate manner?  A member went to him and suggested he should apply, totally out of line with the rules that existed.  And those rules were followed up until this very transaction.  The rules were changed to prevent me from transferring and they target only me.  If nobody can understand my distress then what use is talking about it. 

Just remember this, Rick quit on this league once.  That's not calling out a member, that's just a fact.  One the entire community is willing to reward with the first job he desires to get back into.  For shame to punish me for sticking with my club.  And now it seems the RC can simply disallow any transfer I ask for.  Will I ever get a chance for a transfer?  I can't understand how a fun league, that set up a rule to stop hard feelings about this stuff, is intentionally disregarding this and creating hard feelings.  And to suggest I'm complaining unjustly is a slap in my face. 

Thanks for giving the job to Rick and saying I suck at management without giving me one reason.  Thanks.

Oak was in same situation.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
This needs to go by protocol of the league.  Existing members are allowed to transfer 1st.  New or returning members are then allowed the remaining teams.  This protocol eliminates the subjective and this is why a standard is in place, it upholds the credibility and respect of the league.

Chris or Jeff both have a shot at the openings in my opinion, right of refusal.  Which gets the first shot is subjective.  I would only believe that Jeff to LAD and Chris to BOS would fit Chris' personal preference.

For the next teams, I would vote Rick, Eric, and then MTK in that order.  Based upon how they left and where they stood on application.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • TheGOAT: Daddy pm
    March 18, 2024, 07:52:41 PM
  • Daddy: Back sir GOAT
    March 18, 2024, 08:33:18 PM
  • Daddy: @Brent.. as do i sir. As do i.
    March 18, 2024, 08:34:31 PM
  • Braves155: Around for deal talks - Any sport
    March 18, 2024, 09:32:06 PM
  • Braves155: @Brent FrickTheSaints #FTS
    March 18, 2024, 10:25:30 PM
  • Daddy: :rofl:
    March 18, 2024, 10:36:13 PM
  • Daddy: Cant wait for Vikings vs Saints in LIVE
    March 18, 2024, 10:37:16 PM
  • Braves155: Snell to SanFran 2 yrs/62M
    March 18, 2024, 10:42:49 PM
  • indiansnation: Giants To Sign Blake Snell March 18th, 2024 at 8:45pm CST • By Anthony Franco 8:45pm: Snell receives a $15MM salary for the upcoming season and has a $17MM signing bonus that will not be paid until 2026, reports Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle (on X). That indicates he’ll be deciding on whether to opt out of a $30MM salary next winter, although the delayed date on the payment of the bonus reduces the team’s short-term commitment.  8:23pm: Blake Snell is in agreement with the Giants on a two-year, $62MM contract that allows him to opt out after the upcoming season, reports Jon Heyman of the New York Post (X link). San Francisco adds the defending NL Cy Young winner to the top of a staff that also includes last year’s runner-up, Logan Webb.  ADVERTISEMENT
    March 18, 2024, 10:48:21 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I didnt know we could type that much into 1 comment lol
    March 18, 2024, 10:50:20 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: LFGGGG SNELLIZA TO THE BAY
    March 18, 2024, 10:55:55 PM
  • Daddy: Celebrate this San Francisco [link] ;)
    March 18, 2024, 11:45:47 PM
  • TheGOAT: IndianaBuc pm
    March 19, 2024, 08:51:13 PM
  • Braves155: Who dealing in baseball?
    March 19, 2024, 10:37:10 PM
  • TheGOAT: Jwalkerjr pm
    March 20, 2024, 08:08:57 AM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Back goat
    March 20, 2024, 05:52:15 PM
  • TheGOAT: Daddy pm
    March 20, 2024, 07:44:45 PM
  • Daddy: Thats a great response. #respect
    March 20, 2024, 08:01:50 PM
  • TheGOAT: Thank You
    March 20, 2024, 08:05:04 PM
  • Brent: Looks like Ohtani might be going down.  Let's see how this shakes out.  Translator and best friend fired by Dodgers for stealing millions from Ohtani and illegal gambling.  Hmm, okay.
    March 20, 2024, 09:35:21 PM
  • jmntl82: Yeah there isn’t any chance he wasn’t involved
    March 20, 2024, 10:04:47 PM
  • Daddy: Damn :doh:
    March 20, 2024, 10:11:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: celebrate that LA
    March 20, 2024, 10:27:15 PM
  • Daddy: Well, im a Ram fan that loves Philadelphia Sports. I agree, take that Dodgers! Go Phils!!!
    March 20, 2024, 10:33:02 PM
  • Daddy: Something in the water in California ;)
    March 20, 2024, 10:34:01 PM
  • Daddy: They would legalize meth but gambling oh nooooo.
    March 20, 2024, 10:35:12 PM
  • Brent: I've lived in Japan for 3 years and Okinawa for 3 years.  You could legit leave you car unlocked with money on the dash board in a public parking lot, come back and the money is still there.
    March 20, 2024, 10:43:11 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Im a fan of Japanese culture
    March 20, 2024, 11:05:07 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: From power rangers and pokemon as a kid, to the edo period, anime, video games, and ninjas
    March 20, 2024, 11:05:58 PM
  • Brent: Best  comment I gave seen on the Ohtani gambling scandal.  "Pete Rose wishes he had an interpreter"
    March 21, 2024, 12:25:08 AM
  • Brent: Have seen
    March 21, 2024, 12:25:18 AM
  • Daddy: And i wish i had a friend that covers my debts. I aint got $500k to put on Temple but thats the kind of friends i need.
    March 21, 2024, 12:27:31 AM
  • Daddy: Where yall at?????
    March 21, 2024, 12:28:32 AM
  • Braves155: There's nothin wrong with the good ol' nudie bar and a few lap dances. Who needs alcohol/drugs/scandal
    March 21, 2024, 08:09:08 AM
  • Braves155: For trade talks/chat in general, if anyone wants my cell #, msg me
    March 21, 2024, 08:37:22 AM
  • dbreer23: Life was so much simpler (maybe not better) before the internet...
    March 21, 2024, 11:47:48 AM
  • Daddy: It was better for me. My parents were alive, grand parents, and a multitude of mistakes had not yet occured. Many of them internet related.
    March 21, 2024, 04:28:54 PM
  • Alpha5: We really should be doing March Madness brackets
    March 21, 2024, 06:31:31 PM
  • jmntl82: I did one on paper and left it on my desk and it went missing so someone must’ve decided it was perfect
    March 22, 2024, 08:41:01 AM
  • janesvilleaces: Padres mlb live here all day for deals..lots of young talent..looking for 3b or 1b...rp...
    March 22, 2024, 09:08:50 AM
  • Colby: :bump:
    March 22, 2024, 09:59:59 AM
  • STLBlues91: Catching up on messages. Busy week with conferences and finishing state testing. Will send replies in a few
    March 22, 2024, 10:05:56 PM
  • indiansnation: If anybody wants to talk mlb live trade talk hit me up with a pm
    March 24, 2024, 10:19:08 AM
  • Daddy: Yeah baseball is starting up. The "long season" is here.
    March 24, 2024, 12:55:24 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL PLAYOFFS Round 1 RESULTS here ==> [link]
    March 25, 2024, 10:11:43 AM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE business is picking up. Trades & FA are back in action.
    March 27, 2024, 06:07:10 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 12:54:15 AM
  • ldsjayhawk: daddy pm
    Yesterday at 01:07:25 PM
  • Daddy: Opening Day Gents!!!
    Yesterday at 02:44:35 PM
  • Daddy: Business is booming in MLB LIVE. Get those teams ready... Its WAR gentlemen.
    Yesterday at 07:43:15 PM