Author Topic: Know your GM  (Read 2906 times)

Offline OUDAN

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL:
    • :LAL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Oklahoma:
    • :NYY:
    • View Profile
Re: Know your GM
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »
Well im Daniel, I live in Oklahoma, I am born and raised here and proud of it lol. I am probably one of the few people on here who know what Colby actually does as an actuary but only because i do insurance as well. I am an Allstate agent, so im online all day Mon-Fri its really very sad haha. As a few others have said Football is my first love nothing compares to college football at all! I do enjoy fantasy baseball a LOT more! My favorite baseball players are Jeter, Griffey Jr. I literally learned to switch hit because of Griffey Jr lol. Lets get this outta the way on the favorite teams

:Oklahoma:
:NYY:
:DAL:
:LAL:
Who cares about hockey and soccer lol.

I have reasons behind each team. Other then that this is me OUDAN/Dave Boris Jr lol
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"People don't know what it means to be champions, Oklahoma invented it."
-Barry "The King" Switzer

"Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!
-Coach Taylor

I hated every moment of training but I said, "Don't quit, Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a Champion."
-Mohammed Ali

:win: 2014 FGM Champ
:win: 2015 Moneyball Champ
:win: 2015 Bush League Champ

joeshmoe

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 12:53:35 PM »
I'm Jake Douglas, Nationals owner, previously Angels.

26 years old, grocery manager for a Midwest grocery chain (40 stores, roughly). Two daughters, ages 3 and 2, with our next due in August.

I enjoy video games, gin and tonics, smacking Dan's mom for only making me $10 a night on the street, and making fun of people.

Favorite teams are the White Sox, Spurs, and Arizona Cardinals.

Although all alcohol is a toxin, gin is especially bad.  The Juniper plant is toxic to humans (relatively minor, but still a toxin, and worse over consistent consumption), and gin is juniper berry.  That's why I switched (I loved gin and tonic) to Whiskeys.  That, and because there are way more varieties and kinds of whiskey to be enjoyed.  I love mine as a Jameson's with Ginger-ale.  Although Canadian, Bourbon and Scotch whiskeys are all nice.  I still enjoy a gin and tonic from time to time but I feel better about whiskey.   :doh:

I'm Chris, or Joe as most call me (which I secretly love).  I think my profsl name signifies how I feel and who I am.  I am merely another joeshmoe caught up in a world that is far too messed.  I am a  product of the generation that brought the rise of nintendo and rugrats.  I love satire television like Curb Your Enthusiasm, Seinfeld, Simpsons, Monty Python; and sports.  I watch little tv otherwise.  I would much rather read lists of philosophy, or economics.  I am also a product of the intellectual revolution which is now coming to fruition more and more.  I love Griffen, Hazlitt, Mises, Rothbard.  Etc.  So the comedy is escape from the otherwise harsh realities of life for me.

Sports is the other release.  I like to play them, watch them, play them on video games, and play them in fantasy.  Any of them really.  Golf and tennis are more fun to play in real life than in virtual reality...but I do like Tiger Woods golf now and then.  I stick mainly to the big 4 when it comes to fantasy and video games.  I will watch and play anything. 

I took over the Padres two seasons ago now and they were in a rough place.  In hindsight I could have kept Gonzo but I think Gamel, Perez and Rondon might pay off for me.  It has allowed me to make moves and learn on the go.  Fantasy baseball in a 30 team league is deeper than watching the Red Sox growing up.  I now rarely trade, and make few free agent moves.  I am enjoying watching SD grow as I draft and produce with leftover veterans or 5th starters.  I cannot wait for Baez to get to the bigs, his bat scores really supreme.  That's the Padres.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline kungfuwig

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :NY:
    • :CLG:
    • :ArizonaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 04:54:05 PM »
My name is Freddy Wander. I am from Pleasant Valley, NY originally but have been calling Phoenix home for the last 5 years. I am 24 years old and have always had a passion for sports. I like playing them (fantasy and for real), writing about them and watching them. I am currently a special education teacher in Arizona but moving back east in about a month.

Favorite teams are the New York Yankees, New York Jets and New York Knicks. My favorite players right now are Robinson Cano, Kevin Durant and Nick Mangold. Favorite player of all time is Donnie Baseball. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is your life and its ending one minute at a time"

Offline kangol

• All-Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 01:33:37 AM »
My name is Kurt, 26 and from Kitchener Ontario. Currently living and working in Edmonton Alberta as a Drilling Fluid Consultant(oil and gas industry). Basically in my truck driving from rig to rig checking the chemicals in the fluid they use.
I played hockey, soccer, basketball til i was about 20, still play pick up games and beer leagues here and there. Playing in a hockey tournament in Germany/Austria this fall right when Octoberfest is going on so its going to be quite the show.

Grew up a Jays, Leafs and AZ Cardinals and Suns fan.  Favourite players growing up were Mario Lemieux, Pavel Bure, Barkley, Jordan, and Robbie Alomar. Haven't played fantasy sports very long but its a great time killer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 01:41:46 AM by kangol »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline VolsRaysBucs

• MVP
    • :ORL:
    • :TBL:
    • :Tennessee:
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 09:12:57 AM »
My name is Michael, 32 and originally from Bradenton, FL which about 45 minutes south of Tampa.  I live just south of Tampa still.  I work as a school administrator and coach the boys JV bball team at my high school alma mater.  I grew up playing as many sports as possible, baseball was my first love and passion.  My teams are the Vols, Rays and Bucs, but ya'll already knew that.  I actually did NOT go to the University of Tennessee, I went to the University of South Florida.  USF got my money, UT got my heart.  Favorite players of today are Evan Longoria, Ben Zobrist, Johnny Gomes, Eric Berry, Peyton Manning, Todd Helton.  Favorite players of yesterday are John Lynch, Hardy Nickerson, Al Wilson, Ron Gant, Strawberry, Lenny Dykstra. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's not the deep water that drowns us...we die because we stop kicking.

Dan Wood

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 01:01:22 PM »
The only two remaining Dykstra fans play in this league
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Eric

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 01:04:03 PM »
The only two remaining Dykstra fans play in this league

:rofl:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 03:16:19 PM »
Grew up a Jays, Leafs and AZ Cardinals and Suns fan.

I know there are occasional profile field problems with older league profile fields, but you should show off your favorite teams in your profile.

:TOR: :TOR-NHL: :ARI: :PHX:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Offline MillerTime

• Legend
    • :PHI-NFL:
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 04:19:25 PM »
I am Rob Miller.  I live on the outskirts of Charlotte, NC, grew up in Virginia Beach, and attended school at West Virginia.  I have been married since 2006, we have a daughter turning 2 this month and another on the way, due in late October.  I am an engineering consultant for natural gas and landfill gas systems, pipelines, etc.  Primary do design and compliance. 

I am a sports nut ever since I was little.  Life now a days does not allow me to watch too many games, so I keep up with sports through fantasy sports.  Baseball is my favorite fantasy sport, but college football and basketball are my favorite to watch.  Teams are Braves, WVU, Eagles and Carolina Panthers. 

I grew up going to Tidewater Tides games in Norfolk, along with many Orioles games.  I was an avid autograph and baseball card collector, focused primarily on prospects at the time. 

In what little free time I have, I play racquetball at least one time per week and any tournaments that are within driving distance, and neighborhood basketball. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' - Homer Simpson

Eric

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2012, 10:50:23 PM »
I am an engineering consultant for natural gas and landfill gas systems, pipelines, etc.  Primary do design and compliance. 

Teams are Braves, WVU, Eagles and Carolina Panthers. 

One of my new best friends!!!! And work in the same type of industry!!!!
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    April 15, 2024, 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    April 15, 2024, 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    April 16, 2024, 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    April 16, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    April 16, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    April 16, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    April 16, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    April 17, 2024, 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    April 17, 2024, 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    April 17, 2024, 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    April 17, 2024, 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    April 17, 2024, 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    April 17, 2024, 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    April 17, 2024, 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    April 17, 2024, 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    April 17, 2024, 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    April 17, 2024, 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    April 17, 2024, 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 11:00:36 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS looking very tough for one team :ANA: 155.05 v 236.25 :NYR: with only today's games left to plan. :judge: [link]
    Yesterday at 10:44:33 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any deals
    Yesterday at 06:30:53 PM