Author Topic: RC Vote - Internal Transfers (RC Members Only Please)  (Read 993 times)

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
Re: RC Vote - Internal Transfers (RC Members Only Please)
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 08:23:29 PM »
Since I am the subject of this debate I'd love to recuse myself from this discussion but I signed up for the RC so here's my two-cents:
It was decided a few short months ago that switching teams within FGM would no longer be permitted. There was an afterthought, however, that would allow such a maneuver if:
A.) A proven, competent GM was willing switch teams in order to rebuild or, B.) The club in question was a someones favorite team.
The Cubs are far from destitute. It would be a major step forward for Brent and, at best, a sideways step for Jeff. Not that either don't deserve it but those are the rules.
The favorite team aspect has very little credence with me. As far a I can tell the Cubs have few, if any, real life Cubs players on their roster. As with the all of the teams in FGM, it's the team in name only.
I believe Brent is a conscientious, knowledgeable owner and has the Angels headed in the right direction but as I interpret the rule I have to go with Option #1.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
RC Vote - Internal Transfers (RC Members Only Please)
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 12:19:27 AM »
Rick, I will say this about the favorite team.  While it may just be a team name, the caps of teams make them very realistic.  Add in division rivalries and you have a feel that you are GMing the real club.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Brewers GM

RC Vote - Internal Transfers (RC Members Only Please)
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 07:21:53 AM »
I think defining parameter might be tricky, but perhaps we require something like X number of nominations from the RC (4?).  Then if someone who is truly a longtime member with lots of contributions recognized by the league wants to move, they'll get support. 

If we could agree on something simple like that, I'd vote option #2.  If we need a complex system I'd think it would still lead to loopholes and issues I'd say forget it lets just go with #1.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shooter47

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 02:17:46 PM »
The current vote is:

Option #1 - 3 Votes (:SF: Flash, :TEX: Rcankosy, :LAD: BHows)

Option #2 - 4 Votes (:PHI: Papps, :TB: Volsraysbucs, :PIT: Profsl, :KC: Kungfuwig)

Following RC Members have yet to vote

:BAL: Shooter47 (Myself)
:MIL: BrewersGM

If Option 1 passes internal transfers will not be allowed. If option 2 passes then the next step would be to have the RC vote on what special cases or situations will allow internal transfers (Betterment of the league, Favorite team, Etc.) If no option gets the 5 votes needed then internal options will not be allowed. If any special cases do pass then the RC will next need to vote on what will be the requirements that a GM must meet to be eligible for an internal Transfer.

The other problem that must be determined that goes along with this topic is how GM's will be decided on in the future. Does an internal candidate who qualifies for a transfer take precedent over outside candidates? If there are two or more managers who qualify for an internal transfer to an open team how do we settle who will be the manager to transfer?

It is my opinion that GM openings should be determined by the RC. I would prefer a simple voting system where the RC votes on candidates for the open position. I would favor a system where current GM's do not take precedence over outside candidates. I think all positions should be offered to the best candidate for the job. If there is only one candidate they would need to receive 5 yes votes from the RC to become the new GM. If there are two candidates then the RC would vote and the candidate with 5 or more votes would become the new GM. If there are 3 or more candidates then the RC would vote and the two candidates who receive the most votes would then go to another vote to determine the new GM. This system would be simple to implement but is a more subjective system that could lead to hurt feelings.

Im not sure how well a point system for internal transfers would work. Performance relative to expectations in this league would be a hard thing to judge. Basing this solely on finish related to cap ranking would not be a good thing in my opinion. GM's who take over a team like the Angels who have a high cap and perform poorly would be punished by a previous owner. This ranking would say they should be performing good because they have a high cap but they are a very poor team and it will take time to re-build them to a successful franchise.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Brewers GM

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 01:45:26 PM »
It is my opinion that GM openings should be determined by the RC. I would prefer a simple voting system where the RC votes on candidates for the open position. I would favor a system where current GM's do not take precedence over outside candidates. I think all positions should be offered to the best candidate for the job.

I am in favor of this.  Perhaps we can expand to include the TC in addition to the RC so there is a larger pool of GM's voting and we have less room for favoritism (or perceived favoritism).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Brewers GM

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 07:37:29 PM »
I am in favor of this.  Perhaps we can expand to include the TC in addition to the RC so there is a larger pool of GM's voting and we have less room for favoritism (or perceived favoritism).

To clarify, this is a vote for Option 2.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline shooter47

• MVP
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :MIN-NFL:
    • :MIN-NBA:
    • :MIN-NHL:
    • :NorthDakotaState:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 07:43:46 PM »
The current vote is:

Option #1 - 3 Votes (:SF: Flash, :TEX: Rcankosy, :LAD: BHows)

Option #2 - 5 Votes (:PHI: Papps, :TB: Volsraysbucs, :PIT: Profsl, :KC: Kungfuwig, BrewersGM :MIL:)

Option #2 has been chosen. Internal transfers will be allowed in special cases. The RC will now vote on what those special cases are.

:judge:

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: You have to research now. We eliminated the rules that allow people to hijack prospects because they think you smart but they dont know chit.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:11 AM
  • Daddy: You cant hide or be a poser. You gotta post up your own FAs and prospect finds.
    April 30, 2024, 12:29:51 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy  u just got traded to rangers for box of baseballs
    April 30, 2024, 12:30:29 AM
  • Daddy: Unless you miss the famous PC +$200k bid :rofl:
    April 30, 2024, 12:31:22 AM
  • Daddy: At least im worth baseballs Brian. You wanna know which kind of balls you worth my friend?
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:14 AM
  • indiansnation: I got give daddy credit on that. It makes it so much easier. I spend hours at a time researching them and then another team tries to buy them
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:18 AM
  • indiansnation: Nope i was told wiffel balls only ones at any value i could get in return
    April 30, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
  • Daddy: Big ones Brian.
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:02 AM
  • Daddy: Big Wiffle Balls
    April 30, 2024, 12:33:17 AM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    April 30, 2024, 08:26:57 PM
  • Rhino7: You still in CCD?
    April 30, 2024, 09:21:41 PM
  • Braves155: No
    April 30, 2024, 10:44:49 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: Hey Braves155:
    April 30, 2024, 10:47:47 PM
  • Daddy: NCAA LIVE has 44 teams declared. Great teams are available like Florida, Cal, Utah major college football programs are still available.
    Yesterday at 03:09:53 PM
  • Daddy: Sign up [link] to claim your favorite college program. Recruiting begins 6/1/24 @8PM EST
    Yesterday at 03:10:42 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE season update posts on profsl (individual posts) 2021=601 views >> 2022=690 views >> 2023=5000k views (insert eyes emoji)
    Yesterday at 05:00:29 PM
  • Daddy: Profsl aint TikTok. You post something here and it gets 5k views in a few months, thats major interest gents.
    Yesterday at 05:03:47 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for ay talks in any of the leagues im in
    Yesterday at 06:54:02 PM
  • Daddy: Yall be sneaking these fast baseball trades on us. :) Congratulations to both GMs.
    Yesterday at 07:57:48 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: tryna stay competitive
    Yesterday at 08:18:31 PM
  • Brent: Yeah, still TBD if trading my best player will pay off in the long run.
    Yesterday at 10:19:59 PM
  • Daddy: Two more trades dropped simultaneously.
    Yesterday at 11:54:44 PM
  • Daddy: Congratulations to all four GMs :toth:
    Yesterday at 11:55:00 PM
  • dbreer23: I'm getting too old to keep up with all of these trades.
    Yesterday at 11:58:35 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah MLB is insane this year.
    Today at 12:04:09 AM
  • Daddy: You could always go back to drinking... We dont mind a few liquor induced gremlins on the SS ;)
    Today at 12:06:49 AM
  • dbreer23: I think I'm on the wagon permanently. Haven't touched a drop in months. Wasn't a conscious thing, just sort of happened.
    Today at 12:08:42 AM
  • Daddy: Congratulations sir. I think. Life's too short for me. My days are numbered.
    Today at 12:11:44 AM
  • dbreer23: Death comes for us all in the end...
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: if anything saving the drinks for the weekend
    Today at 12:12:50 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: saving the drinks for weekend
    Today at 12:13:08 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: got two games
    Today at 12:13:17 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: going to the AHL playoff game mikwake admirals vs texas stars sat and then UTexas baseball vs oklahoma st sunday
    Today at 12:13:57 AM
  • Daddy: Death can kiss my no no zone.
    Today at 12:14:37 AM
  • dbreer23: :rofl:
    Today at 12:15:14 AM
  • Daddy: I smoke, i drink, im supposed to stop but i caint, i howl at the moon and bury my bone places its hard to dig it out of.
    Today at 12:29:22 AM
  • Daddy: If not for fantasy sports... Hmmm. I think i would be a male dancer. :)
    Today at 12:30:52 AM
  • Daddy: Another new trade just ruined a clean board. Lol  congratulations to both GMs :toth: looks like i can keep my dance outfit in the attic.
    Today at 12:40:22 AM
  • Daddy: Damn... She's a Biggun
    Today at 12:40:57 AM
  • Yeagg: That's why we made the trade. That outfit can stay hidden forever
    Today at 12:43:17 AM
  • Daddy: :rofl: :rofl:
    Today at 12:46:41 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: i can deff say this has been the most active week in MLB live in a long while
    Today at 12:47:31 AM
  • Daddy: Season is a month old. Its been a busy month. Ask the professor.
    Today at 12:51:15 AM
  • Daddy: Thats the whole point. 30 teams 30 dudes running them. Everyday lurking & looking to build.
    Today at 12:52:50 AM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE we havent forgotten about you. (NCAA is just massive) We have brought in some heavy hitters in every sport. The competition and fun is what we are after. The NHL Draft is approaching.
    Today at 12:27:48 PM
  • Daddy: We will be drafting the same guys from the same draft order as the actual NHL Draft.
    Today at 12:28:18 PM
  • Daddy: Did i mention you inherited the actual teams? AHL rosters too :thumbsup:
    Today at 12:29:06 PM
  • snugerud: You lost me at 30 dudes lurking.  creeped me out.
    Today at 01:45:01 PM
  • Daddy: Yeah... Its like Pet Cemetery. (Insert ghastly music theme)
    Today at 01:55:49 PM
  • Daddy: Im like Pat McAfee without the money, success, likability or platform. Just out here loving sports and competition.
    Today at 02:04:02 PM