Author Topic: Schedule Format  (Read 1874 times)

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
Schedule Format
« on: December 01, 2009, 05:10:49 PM »
Schedule Format
The schedule is H2H and will focus on division games with some out-of-division games and even less interleague games.  It will be based on the actual MLB schedule.  For each of the 23 weeks of the regular season, one day's matchups (in which all teams play) will be used.  The commissioner will make sure that the right days are picked so that there is a balance in the schedule.

If possible, some type of multiplier may be used in the points matchup of the scoring to award 0 to 7 wins to make it as real-life as possible.  What I am thinking is simply looking at the ratio of how much one team's points compares to the other.  Fantrax will give out a W and L for each matchup and it would be up to the commissioner to adjust it based on the points ratio.

Where the ratio is the winning team's score over the losing team's score...
1 = 4 wins
1.3 = 5 wins
1.7 = 6 wins
2 = 7 wins

Of course, the other option is to make it seven matches against the same opponent in one week and have Fantrax assign it on a daily basis.  Seven times 23 weeks gives 161 games. The RC may figure out some simple way to add 1 W or 1 L to the final tally.

The additional game could be random for all it matters when it comes to making it like an MLB season.  We could always give one win to the fifteen most active GMs, but that is rather subjective.  We could also give it to the fifteen with the most service in the league as an experience adjustment.  I just think it would be really cool to see W-L records that match up with the MLB schedule.  Plus, with my recommendation on how the schedule is created, you will see Franchise GM play right along with the MLB schedule!

All of this will be added in some way before I hand things over to Jake, but I want a couple opinions first..
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 05:24:58 PM by Colby »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Schedule Format
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:18:48 PM »
I split this topic out from the additional rules thread for further discussion.  What do you guys think?
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 05:15:34 PM »
 :bump:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »
Schedule Format
The schedule is H2H and will focus on division games with some out-of-division games and even less interleague games.  It will be based on the actual MLB schedule.  For each of the 23 weeks of the regular season, one day's matchups (in which all teams play) will be used.  The commissioner will make sure that the right days are picked so that there is a balance in the schedule.

If possible, some type of multiplier may be used in the points matchup of the scoring to award 0 to 7 wins to make it as real-life as possible.  What I am thinking is simply looking at the ratio of how much one team's points compares to the other.  Fantrax will give out a W and L for each matchup and it would be up to the commissioner to adjust it based on the points ratio.

Where the ratio is the winning team's score over the losing team's score...
1 = 4 wins
1.3 = 5 wins
1.7 = 6 wins
2 = 7 wins

This would be a nice feature, but it it's not something we can easily implement then I'm not sure if its necessary.  For example, if the commish is going to have to make regular adjustments, then I don't see the return outweighing the cost.  If Fantrax could implement this for us, then by all means...

Of course, the other option is to make it seven matches against the same opponent in one week and have Fantrax assign it on a daily basis.  Seven times 23 weeks gives 161 games. The RC may figure out some simple way to add 1 W or 1 L to the final tally.

I'm not fond of this, as a number wins/losses could be decided strictly by who had the most players pitch on a certain day, rather than who had the most productive roster.  If have a team with 2-3 ace pitchers who's starts coincide, he'll be sub 500.  If you have the period span a week, he'd be in great shape.  Since we can't control when pitchers pitch, we need to have a period length that spans sufficient MLB games (min of 3-4, preferably 1 week).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjmezzetti

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 10:57:21 AM »
This would be a nice feature, but it it's not something we can easily implement then I'm not sure if its necessary.  For example, if the commish is going to have to make regular adjustments, then I don't see the return outweighing the cost.  If Fantrax could implement this for us, then by all means...

I'm not fond of this, as a number wins/losses could be decided strictly by who had the most players pitch on a certain day, rather than who had the most productive roster.  If have a team with 2-3 ace pitchers who's starts coincide, he'll be sub 500.  If you have the period span a week, he'd be in great shape.  Since we can't control when pitchers pitch, we need to have a period length that spans sufficient MLB games (min of 3-4, preferably 1 week).
I support weekly head to head matchups, with weekly lineup changes.  I think that's the best way to do it.  Weighted so, if possible, you play division teams twice.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

clidwin

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 12:54:07 PM »
I would like to see a nice weighted game like colby was saying but Ben has a point, if fantrax can do then why not. But if they cant it will make it a little more confusing.

And I think play your conference teams twice and non once.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lp815

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 05:10:18 PM »
I'll side with all of Ben's statements, if our return doesn't pay for the time we put into it, it might be a bit too much.

I'll also side with the idea of a matchup being 3-4 days, maximum a week.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

mjmezzetti

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 06:06:10 PM »
I'll side with all of Ben's statements, if our return doesn't pay for the time we put into it, it might be a bit too much.

I'll also side with the idea of a matchup being 3-4 days, maximum a week.
I'd caution games lasting less than a week just for the sake of sample size.  Also, I think it's important that lineup changes are weekly (not sure if this is potentially changing).
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 06:57:11 PM »
I'd caution games lasting less than a week just for the sake of sample size.  Also, I think it's important that lineup changes are weekly (not sure if this is potentially changing).

Lineup changes can be weekly, and the schedule would be weekly as well.  I think we are all in agreement that if this could be automatically done by Fantrax then we will use if not we will go with a standard W-L-T arrangement.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Canada8999

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »
Lineup changes can be weekly, and the schedule would be weekly as well.  I think we are all in agreement that if this could be automatically done by Fantrax then we will use if not we will go with a standard W-L-T arrangement.

Sounds good
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • BayAreaBallers: Hard pass
    Yesterday at 05:38:14 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: That price alone makes it easier to let him walk
    Yesterday at 05:38:35 PM
  • OUDAN: lol
    Yesterday at 05:38:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I dunno what you were trying to do by telling me his performance
    Yesterday at 05:40:18 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: But I'm gonna save my cap by letting him walk
    Yesterday at 05:40:39 PM
  • OUDAN: Was just looking over rosters for trades and saw that
    Yesterday at 05:40:40 PM
  • OUDAN: Definetely not trying to trade for him lol
    Yesterday at 05:40:54 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yeah he was paid Abt 25 last yr
    Yesterday at 05:41:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And I was waiting for him to come of books
    Yesterday at 05:41:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: He's not worth 27
    Yesterday at 05:41:36 PM
  • OUDAN: Agreed
    Yesterday at 05:44:05 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I also let one more walk
    Yesterday at 05:45:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I have not signed 2 players
    Yesterday at 05:45:54 PM
  • OUDAN: I se that
    Yesterday at 05:50:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: yepp
    Yesterday at 06:01:41 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: both on purpose
    Yesterday at 06:01:49 PM
  • Brent: I can afford Mobley.  I'll send a 2024 1st for him.
    Yesterday at 07:17:03 PM
  • TheGOAT: Would the NBA Live Draft be based on the actual NBA draft for the first year?
    Yesterday at 07:48:03 PM
  • OUDAN: Already traded him Brent
    Yesterday at 08:02:00 PM
  • Daddy: @TheGoat yes. As addressed yesterday the exception is the expansion Franchises are guaranteed #1 & #2 overall.
    Yesterday at 08:26:42 PM
  • Daddy: Updated NBA LIVE Pre-Reserve sign up sheet [link]
    Yesterday at 08:27:10 PM
  • Braves155: Evening gents
    Yesterday at 08:47:28 PM
  • Braves155: I love the challenge of rebuilding Franchises. Nice having 3 1sts and loads of cap in NFL LIVE to help
    Yesterday at 09:07:56 PM
  • Daddy: You need it. We make it easier than anyone to rebuild, compete, and contend. Ask BAB. You can go from zero to hero pretty quick.
    Yesterday at 09:10:53 PM
  • Daddy: @Braves youve signed up for the total LIVE experience. 4 sports 6 leagues... Let me know publicly if any experience is better than LIVE in any sport
    Yesterday at 09:12:09 PM
  • Daddy: Please... And thank you. The goal is to constantly improve.
    Yesterday at 09:13:13 PM
  • Daddy: 4 Sports 6 Leagues you will see it all.
    Yesterday at 09:14:13 PM
  • Braves155: Never say die. Never quit
    Yesterday at 09:14:23 PM
  • Braves155: Legends rise
    Yesterday at 09:14:50 PM
  • Daddy: Never be satisfied
    Yesterday at 09:15:06 PM
  • Daddy: You tell em @Braves!
    Yesterday at 09:15:45 PM
  • Daddy: NBA LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:19:41 PM
  • Daddy: NHL LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:20:13 PM
  • Daddy: MLB LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:20:44 PM
  • Daddy: NFL LIVE [link]
    Yesterday at 09:21:14 PM
  • Daddy: 128 NCAA teams [link] football & basketball.
    Yesterday at 09:24:01 PM
  • Daddy: We could do Midget Wrestling LIVE if we wanted too. Better than the WWE. Ask somebody or even better ..Find out for yourself.
    Yesterday at 09:27:53 PM
  • Braves155: UFC, Top Rank Boxing, let's go!
    Yesterday at 09:34:32 PM
  • DaveW: Premier League LIVE please
    Yesterday at 10:46:04 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: YNWA
    Yesterday at 10:50:18 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i would be down for that
    Yesterday at 10:50:28 PM
  • Daddy: Honestly, i do like soccer. Its very underrated.
    Yesterday at 10:51:50 PM
  • Daddy: Maybe 2026? We are a bit busy at the moment. :)
    Yesterday at 10:52:56 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: this sunday is gonna be the end of an era
    Yesterday at 10:53:40 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: for me as a Liverpool fan
    Yesterday at 10:53:47 PM
  • Daddy: I dig the idea Premier League LIVE (insert Eye emoji)
    Yesterday at 10:53:52 PM
  • Daddy: Public thanks to the Moderators & Moderators in training that make the LIVE experience possible. All of you are the best at what you do. Thanks!
    Yesterday at 11:06:06 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around the rest of the night to talk any deals or dm me thoughts on Vegas names for NBA live. Have a list going
    Yesterday at 11:09:02 PM
  • Daddy: That Vegas name is significant. The NBA will move there eventually but we are the first ones ever to name a Franchise. We will always have that distinction.
    Yesterday at 11:12:25 PM
  • Daddy: Updated NBA LIVE sign up sheet [link] Its coming
    Today at 03:32:13 AM