Author Topic: Dodgers are Available  (Read 7682 times)

Corey

Re: Dodgers are Available
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2013, 10:14:01 PM »
1. I will

2. You can still improve which you havent.

. Not irrelevant you brought up someone quitting so I brought your past behavior and behavioral warnings. Ive said many times its not personal. Simply stating why Rick and Jeff are more qualified.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Corey

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2013, 10:17:13 PM »
childish...protected with all his comments because of his position on the site...and he's not playing favorites...

Nothing about this is bad or childish. Simple advice for any fantasy player. You should always try to improve and not wait for a transfer
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2013, 10:23:32 PM »
1. I will

2. You can still improve which you havent.

. Not irrelevant you brought up someone quitting so I brought your past behavior and behavioral warnings. Ive said many times its not personal. Simply stating why Rick and Jeff are more qualified.

Saying I haven't improved is a blind eye.  The team that has increased it's top 100 prospect count?  Increasing payroll after it was destroyed by those before me.  And by fielding a full roster without trading away my farm through disasterous trade offers?  Pretty good by my standards.  Baez is going to be gold, Soler is still top 100, Meyers looks nasty, I salvaged Scheppers who is looking great this season, Swarzak and Parra is going off after I fielded horrid offers and decided to hold.  I think I'm doing okay for where the Padres were. 

Your Mets, loosing salary like water out of a leaky faucet.  It's been your incredible cap space which has hidden and allowed you to cut the bad signings.  I don't have it, and I couldn't field a team if I were to do it that way.  Instead it's a different game for a team like the Padres.  I don't see how the Padres haven't improved, I just don't. 

And anyone who thought the only way to build a team is through trading and spending on lavish free agent retreads...I like drafting talent well and signing good prospects; Maness the control freak for example? 

To say I haven't improved is to not know where and how to look.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2013, 10:25:28 PM »
Nothing about this is bad or childish. Simple advice for any fantasy player. You should always try to improve and not wait for a transfer

You took my words, and twisted them to mean that I haven't been working to build a better club.  It's cleverly vailed but the message is clear.  I meant that I waited to change clubs because there have been many openings.  I wanted to wait for the right fit.  Not quite the same thing.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline rcankosy

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :Blank:
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2013, 10:27:40 PM »
In my opinion, the tradition of this league has been that the Commissioner has acted as the interpreter of rules in place rather than someone who has created new rules himself.  In this case, what we have to fall back on is an executive ruling by a former Commissioner that was not formally approved by the Rules Committee.  While important in terms of precedent, I do not believe that it constitutes a hard rule for determining the process by which new owners of vacant teams are selected.  Furthermore, I do not believe that future commissioners are bound by Colby's executive ruling.  Rather, the Rules Committee should formally ratify the executive ruling proposed by Colby or create a new process entirely.  In the meantime, I fully understand that a decision needs to be made here.

Therefore, I am placing the decision of who will become the future owner of the Dodgers squarely in the lap of the Rules Committee.  I will create a new post whereby the Rules Committee will vote on who will be the future owner of the Dodgers.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2013, 10:37:34 PM »
In my opinion, the tradition of this league has been that the Commissioner has acted as the interpreter of rules in place rather than someone who has created new rules himself.  In this case, what we have to fall back on is an executive ruling by a former Commissioner that was not formally approved by the Rules Committee.  While important in terms of precedent, I do not believe that it constitutes a hard rule for determining the process by which new owners of vacant teams are selected.  Furthermore, I do not believe that future commissioners are bound by Colby's executive ruling.  Rather, the Rules Committee should formally ratify the executive ruling proposed by Colby or create a new process entirely.  In the meantime, I fully understand that a decision needs to be made here.

Therefore, I am placing the decision of who will become the future owner of the Dodgers squarely in the lap of the Rules Committee.  I will create a new post whereby the Rules Committee will vote on who will be the future owner of the Dodgers.

So instead of using a proceedure that was established and everyone could read and use and know, we're going to use a popularity contest to decide this? 

What are the specific measures that the Rules Committee will judge the two of us by?  I expect this to be an open conversation but the decision is already made.  Nobody likes the tact of the guys who says rules and precedence are important.  And, everyone feels bad for Rick's 'wrong', but nobody's mentioned how I got screwed outta NYY.  Nobody will speak of how I was 'wronged' and deserve a right.  The talk will be about how Rick was wronged and he deserves this, over the guy who stuck with the league and showed dedication. 

Instead of using a ruling already established by Colby, which is the same guy who established all the rules when the league was founded and nobody says these were invalid, we're going to pave a new path?  Well what happens when I get wronged for the second time?  What is my recuperation for such damages? 

What has Rick done to suggest that he deserves to be in this consideration other than people like him?  The answer is nothing.  Alas this is the same person I am in a popularity contest against? If we are doing this by votes and popularity will I ever get a transfer from SD?  How will that work?  The precedent of doing this by vote is horrible.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Eric

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2013, 10:47:32 PM »
Chris just leave it. By you complaining it is not gonna help matters at all. The RC will decide what to do. Your hurting yourself every time you reply about the situation. Lets be grown men about this. First of all it is just a fantasy team, not the end of the world. If you have something to prove, then keep your Padres and see them out. Don't you wanna see what you built go far? If I were you that is the route I would take.

But that is my 2 pennies.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Dan Wood

Dodgers are Available
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2013, 10:52:33 PM »
Here is my question, and this pertains to anyone who has run multiple teams because I don't understand it... Why would anyone want to leave your team?

I know from my own experience that I have wasted more than enough hours assembling my team. I've sat through drafts, read prospect reports, spent hours with other GMs discussing trades, etc. My Reds are my team, for better or worse ( currently worse). Why would you want to leave all of that behind to take someone else's sloppy seconds?

The Dodgers were never Howe's team, they were MJ's, he built that team. Other's have taken over rebuilds - Jake, Corey, etc. - and have put their stamp on the team.

I just don't get it. The draw of this league is to build a franchise, your own franchise. Full of your touts, scrubs, stars, Gordon Beckham's etc.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

joeshmoe

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2013, 10:53:27 PM »
Chris just leave it. By you complaining it is not gonna help matters at all. The RC will decide what to do. Your hurting yourself every time you reply about the situation. Lets be grown men about this. First of all it is just a fantasy team, not the end of the world. If you have something to prove, then keep your Padres and see them out. Don't you wanna see what you built go far? If I were you that is the route I would take.

But that is my 2 pennies.

Complaining is different than making an argument.  There are so many reasons why I should be awarded LAD vs Rick it's difficult not to post them.  Furthermore I do like the Padres, but does anyone want the Padres over the Dodgers?  Anyone?  No.  So although it's a nice compensation it's not really anything to be excited about, seeing how the written rules clearly state the job should have gone to me or someone with longer tenure on a team.  I am not asking for that much.  And all the talk of that Rick should get it to fix a wrong forgets the other side of the coin, that this will wrong me twice.  But nobody comments on any of this.

And as far as me possibly getting the job...it's not going to happen.  That is why they went to a vote, so they wouldn't have to observe the rules and could end around appoint Rick.  Otherwise, you follow the rules as stated and fix it for the next time.  I lost when Rick put his name in...although it wasn't his turn to be nominated.   Until the rules were changed midstream of course.

So please, save the Chris you're complaining stuff.  I am merely explaining the realities. 
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Colby

• MLFB Founder
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 27
    • :PIT-NFL:
    • :PIT-NHL:
    • :PennState:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2013, 10:56:20 PM »
I like the idea of the RC making decisions on filling any opening.  The RC is designed to have a GM from every division to eliminate competitive bias.

At the end of the day, I am merely providing an opinion and it essentially gave more bias to BHows since he was screwed the last time the Dodgers were open, so this is his second application for the team, and then bias given to joeshmoe due to tenure.  I think I have been fair in my opinion, but once again it is not my decision.  I feel Roy is making excellent decisions thus far in handling the interpretation and intention of rulings.

Debates like this make me love this league for how well we have built it.  The RC is the best solution.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Learn about :Commish: inPoints and the Invitationals.

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • indiansnation: Im looking to compete in mlb live im looking to add pieces to my team. I can move any of my prospects no one is safe in my minors
    April 13, 2024, 11:01:13 PM
  • Daddy: Hit me up
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:04 PM
  • Daddy: Grandpa Brian
    April 13, 2024, 11:07:15 PM
  • indiansnation: No thanks daddy im looking to take your team out. I want to make my @@@ch
    April 13, 2024, 11:15:39 PM
  • indiansnation: Looking for one moe big bat and a couple of starting pitching
    April 13, 2024, 11:16:27 PM
  • indiansnation: Back at u bigfry
    April 13, 2024, 11:24:04 PM
  • Daddy: Im preparing for Hockey domination. :)
    April 14, 2024, 12:06:09 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry important pm read the latest pm i sent u
    April 14, 2024, 12:14:42 AM
  • indiansnation: Dad yea u going down in that league also nhl live u got no chance in any live leagues
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:32 AM
  • indiansnation: Daddy im takening u out
    April 14, 2024, 12:15:47 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm trade offer sent
    April 14, 2024, 12:36:54 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry back at u
    April 14, 2024, 12:57:58 AM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry trade posted everything u mentioned to me
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:13 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlouis blues 91 pm back at u
    April 14, 2024, 01:34:40 AM
  • indiansnation: Debreer23 pm
    April 14, 2024, 01:37:22 AM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 02:36:03 AM
  • Daddy: Geezus that MLB board is lit up. Lets clean that up a bit.
    April 14, 2024, 01:24:20 PM
  • Daddy: Great job Gary, thank you.
    April 14, 2024, 01:27:52 PM
  • janesvilleaces: Daddy pm
    April 14, 2024, 03:31:53 PM
  • indiansnation: Stlblues91 pm
    April 14, 2024, 04:13:22 PM
  • Alpha5: The nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:06 PM
  • Alpha5: De nothing
    April 14, 2024, 04:21:12 PM
  • Alpha5: It's nada
    April 14, 2024, 04:28:39 PM
  • dbreer23: Clear as mierda
    April 14, 2024, 04:39:57 PM
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    Yesterday at 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    Yesterday at 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    Yesterday at 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    Yesterday at 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    Yesterday at 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    Yesterday at 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    Yesterday at 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    Yesterday at 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    Yesterday at 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    Yesterday at 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    Yesterday at 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    Yesterday at 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    Yesterday at 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    Yesterday at 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    Yesterday at 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    Today at 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    Today at 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    Today at 01:18:11 AM