Archive > Backyard NHL

Questions

(1/131) > >>

Drew:
Please post any questions you have in this thread. Thanks  :toast:

Jesse:
How is the draft order chosen is it random?? and will there be anyway to trade picks??

Drew:

--- Quote from: Jesse on January 27, 2011, 11:26:30 PM ---How is the draft order chosen is it random?? and will there be anyway to trade picks??

--- End quote ---

Yes it is chosen at random and no you can't trade picks because it will be all done on fantrax and I don't know exactly how to trade picks on there for the initiate draft

Drew:
A bunch of questions to read through for new profsl members or those who would like a review of the rules in short form.

Edmonton Oilers: u sent me an email right
Dallas Stars: yeah, I was confused for a bit...I get it now...was confused on the draft stuff
Dallas Stars: its late and the mind goes late at night
Edmonton Oilers: o ya so fantrax is only the place where we keep track of points and do the draft
Edmonton Oilers: make sure to ur personal message on profsl to send message, trade approvals, questions and such
Dallas Stars: it was the salary's and contracts that had me lost was all
Edmonton Oilers: ok ya it is all tracked on profsl
Dallas Stars: So the driaft is done here?
Dallas Stars: see where Im lost
Edmonton Oilers: yep but I will transfer all rosters from here to the profsl site
Dallas Stars: how do i know about the salarys and stuff...after the draft is done?
Edmonton Oilers: o yes, i have to change that thread, thanks
Dallas Stars: I dont mean to be a dumb dumb, just a curious guy
Edmonton Oilers: um hockeybuzz.com has all the salaries for the players, after the draft is done I will post up all the info necessary in the roster pages
Dallas Stars: ok, I thought we were drafting based on a salary cap and when this thing im in now showed no salarys I got confused
Edmonton Oilers: ya so when you draft you can observe and keep track of salaries yourself
Edmonton Oilers: but if your over cap after the draft you will have like a week to get yourself under cap after the rosters have been posted
Dallas Stars: Ok so whil e im drafting here, I need to make sure I don't go over my cap.....so grabbing a team of star players like yahoo does isn't gonna be an option, which makes this much more difficult and much more fun
Dallas Stars: Good good, this is right up my alley cause i love my hockey!!
Dallas Stars: So signing someone to a 4 year contract would lower the overall salary your using per year which allows you more room correct
Edmonton Oilers: not necessarily
Dallas Stars: just reading that, your right not necessarily
Edmonton Oilers: we will have a wide talent pool to scoop up from though but yes a lot of stars will leave you with not much room for anyone else
Edmonton Oilers: to qualify for a 4 year contract the per year value of the contract must be greater than or equal to 6.5m per
Edmonton Oilers: so you can't sign a 4 year 1.5m contract
Dallas Stars: ok last question after Ive got the team and im a little over in the salary cap, so I need to make room, I can possiibly extend a contract were possible to lower my cap that
Dallas Stars: cause it could work out by extending the contract the sal per year is lowered and thus lowering my cap to the right level
Edmonton Oilers: ya that would work or a trade or a may let teams have a free drop or 2 depending on how many are over cap
Dallas Stars: or is it easier to drop a guy to get me below and pick up someone that wont put me over
Edmonton Oilers: ya
Edmonton Oilers: well i guess you wouldn't be able to sign an extension
Dallas Stars: How many can you drop after the draft if your over
Edmonton Oilers: because there is an extension period there is not extensions throughout the year
Dallas Stars: I see
Edmonton Oilers: i will check the rosters and then decide, probably not move then 1 or 2
Edmonton Oilers: *more
Dallas Stars: Firstly get the draft done, then get your boys under the cap limit, then can play around a bit
Dallas Stars: under if need be
Dallas Stars: It sounds quite fun once you get under the salary cap
Edmonton Oilers: yep it will be easy once we get the draft done
Edmonton Oilers: leagues this way are so much fun
Edmonton Oilers: i have 3 teams on profsl and 2 on yahoo and I prefer profsl for sure
Dallas Stars: So when i got to hockeybuzz and see the salaries, for Sidney if he is making 6 mill a year, if I draft him Ive already spent 6 mill of my 50 mill lets say cap
Edmonton Oilers: yep well cap is 59.4
Dallas Stars: lol good to know....you can spend that quickly
Edmonton Oilers: and crosby is 8.7m
Dallas Stars: yeah I know, i was just saying a number for example
Edmonton Oilers: ok haha
Dallas Stars: I can dream though eh that I could get cros for 6 lol
Edmonton Oilers: yes i am in Franchise NHL and I do't have too many big name players and if aam first in the league so
Dallas Stars: gonna be fun....lots for me to learn as I go...but it will come...like I said Im gathering getting a decent team under or around the cap is first and like u said I can go from there
Edmonton Oilers: ya exactly
Edmonton Oilers: lots of cap moves are made
Dallas Stars: By trade correct
Edmonton Oilers: yep
Dallas Stars: No other way correct
Edmonton Oilers: buyouts are possible
Edmonton Oilers: works same as real NHL and also by sending players to minors
Dallas Stars: So if im at my salary cap limit and someone offers me something that puts me over after the trade is done....how do I get back under
Dallas Stars: trade again, or can I send anyone to the minors to get back under
Edmonton Oilers: buyouts(drops), minors, or ya trade again
Edmonton Oilers: there are waivers for minors but yes that is an option
Dallas Stars: I see but after 40 games they have to come back from the minors
Edmonton Oilers: yes they come up free, so no waivers, then if you want to send them down they go through waivers
Dallas Stars: cool, okay, its late and my brain is on overload of excitement learning all this, so i better stop lol
Edmonton Oilers: haha ok
Dallas Stars: ok, wait a sec....if i pick up a guy coming from the minors on waivers, I get him for free?
Dallas Stars: I still pay the contract rght
Edmonton Oilers: rules are in waivers in homepage
Edmonton Oilers: backyard nhl - league rules - waivers
Edmonton Oilers: coming up is cheaper then when claiming going down
Dallas Stars: I see, ive read them, but I just needed to read them a little more carefully
Edmonton Oilers: haha yep
Edmonton Oilers: down you take over full salary
Edmonton Oilers: up you take over half salary
Dallas Stars: I see, i think I was confused if I put guys on my team to the minors are they available for people to pick up
Edmonton Oilers: so say crosby is sent down with no claim then he is called back up the person only owes half of his contract so 4.35 rounds to 4.4m
Dallas Stars: i see
Edmonton Oilers: and if he was claimed on way down then he salary would be 8.7m
Dallas Stars: so if I sent crosby down to lower my cap, somebody can pick him up
Edmonton Oilers: yes
Dallas Stars: so sending people to the minors lowers your cap but you will most likely lose the playertl
Dallas Stars: boo yaa I get it
Dallas Stars: god dam Im dumb tonight
Edmonton Oilers: sweet
Dallas Stars: lol
Edmonton Oilers: once it gets going everyone will get use to it
Dallas Stars: Well good times this is gonna be fun
Edmonton Oilers: awesome
Dallas Stars: thanks for letting me asking 80 sorta dumb ass questions bu
Dallas Stars: bud
Edmonton Oilers: that's alright
Edmonton Oilers: i am gonna post this so people can look it over as well
Dallas Stars: post what
Dallas Stars: this chat
Edmonton Oilers: yep just in the questions in case others have the same questions
Dallas Stars: haha so maybe my questions werent so bad
Edmonton Oilers: nope all good
Edmonton Oilers: it's good so then everyone knows the rules and fully understands
Dallas Stars: Thanks man, your awesome, :) ....I did read them, but needed clarity is all
Edmonton Oilers: yep cool
Edmonton Oilers: best of luck
Dallas Stars: :)

Jesse:
Good job bud that was a huge help just to clarify some questions I had and like he said I think that everyone will start to understand once we get going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version