Author Topic: Why so much turnover?  (Read 1006 times)

joeshmoe

Why so much turnover?
« on: April 16, 2016, 11:21:08 PM »
Can this be explained? We should take a serious look at the reason for the recently high turnover of this league and take steps to curb this if at all possible.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Blank:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
Re: Why so much turnover?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 11:33:31 PM »
Can this be explained? We should take a serious look at the reason for the recently high turnover of this league and take steps to curb this if at all possible.

:WAS:, :DET:, :NYY:, :CIN:, :MIN: all left to join the other league.

funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :SFO:
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 12:36:54 AM »
:WAS:, :DET:, :NYY:, :CIN:, :MIN: all left to join the other league.

Along with the exit of those five:

1)  Corey recommended his team be turned over to the present GM -- with the stipulation that he would return if it didn't work out.  We now realize that was a pipe dream because he was laying the groundwork for his new website;

2)  Brent suddenly "retired" and left ProFSL altogether;

3)  VolsRaysBucs left the league and later returned when AdamBombs suddenly vanished from all his ProFSL leagues.  When VolsRaysBucs left, his team was taken over by Eric, whom we all know has a history of leaving leagues, but was given a second chance--only to leave ProFSL again;

4:  Hank retired, but his replacement fled to Corey's new site;

5:  Paul S. had been slowly doing less and less each season after being heavily involved, and then he and kylerap decided to re-sign without warning. 

Since we became co-commissioners, Rick and I have sought to make things work by taking care of the day-to-day business in a timely manner.  We have sought to cleanup the rules which govern the league and deal with the issues that arise in a way that is "fair and equitable". 

There have been some bumps along the way, but our league continues to thrive.  Our 2015 World Series was about as competitive and entertaining as can be and there was a lot of activity during free agency.  We've had some turnover, and you can all imagine, vacancies are not something we want, nor are they always easy to fill.  Sometimes we take a chance on a given GM and it doesn't work out, but I sincerely believe we have a league which is vibrant and healthy.

If we neglected our duties and GMs left because of our lack of commitment, I would expect every league member to be concerned--but such is not the case.  I have been in this league since 2010 and I have seen teams suffer from apathy.  I have seen a multitude of GMs come and go and yet we continue to keep pushing forward.  We, meaning Rick and I, want to provide a foundation by which we can all thrive and have some fun.  We will continue to do whatever we can to keep things in order and moving forward.

I would be alarmed if we had vacancies and could not fill them, but I believe we are all a part of a league that is built to last.  All leagues have turnover, but personally, l am encouraged by the number of new recruits we have and I am hoping they will help continue to help us grow as a league.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline BHows

• Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 3
    • :CIN-NFL:
    • :Kentucky:
    • :CIN:
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 01:27:37 AM »
Along with the exit of those five:

1)  Corey recommended his team be turned over to the present GM -- with the stipulation that he would return if it didn't work out.  We now realize that was a pipe dream because he was laying the groundwork for his new website;

2)  Brent suddenly "retired" and left ProFSL altogether;

3)  VolsRaysBucs left the league and later returned when AdamBombs suddenly vanished from all his ProFSL leagues.  When VolsRaysBucs left, his team was taken over by Eric, whom we all know has a history of leaving leagues, but was given a second chance--only to leave ProFSL again;

4:  Hank retired, but his replacement fled to Corey's new site;

5:  Paul S. had been slowly doing less and less each season after being heavily involved, and then he and kylerap decided to re-sign without warning. 

Since we became co-commissioners, Rick and I have sought to make things work by taking care of the day-to-day business in a timely manner.  We have sought to cleanup the rules which govern the league and deal with the issues that arise in a way that is "fair and equitable". 

There have been some bumps along the way, but our league continues to thrive.  Our 2015 World Series was about as competitive and entertaining as can be and there was a lot of activity during free agency.  We've had some turnover, and you can all imagine, vacancies are not something we want, nor are they always easy to fill.  Sometimes we take a chance on a given GM and it doesn't work out, but I sincerely believe we have a league which is vibrant and healthy.

If we neglected our duties and GMs left because of our lack of commitment, I would expect every league member to be concerned--but such is not the case.  I have been in this league since 2010 and I have seen teams suffer from apathy.  I have seen a multitude of GMs come and go and yet we continue to keep pushing forward.  We, meaning Rick and I, want to provide a foundation by which we can all thrive and have some fun.  We will continue to do whatever we can to keep things in order and moving forward.

I would be alarmed if we had vacancies and could not fill them, but I believe we are all a part of a league that is built to last.  All leagues have turnover, but personally, l am encouraged by the number of new recruits we have and I am hoping they will help continue to help us grow as a league.

:iatp:
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
2022 WCB2 Champions

joeshmoe

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 07:31:21 PM »
This is not a post about leadership in any way. If this league/site is failing to be fun can we do something to help that from a systematic perspective. Discussion and brainstorming purposes.

One area I thought was a strength but hasn't been was the journalist aspect of this league at one point. Could this help bring back some fun?

Would making the leadership roles separate from an ownership position be  beneficial for management purposes?

There are some ideas that might help keep this league very competitive
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Offline Flash

• *ProFSL Staff
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 319
    • :GS:
    • :SJ:
    • :California:
    • :UnitedStates:
    • :SF:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 04:24:13 PM »
I'm not sure I would go so far as to say the league is failing from a lack of competitiveness.  We have some teams which are rebuilding, but overall, and I know it's early, when I look at the standings I see a lot of teams on the positive side of wins vs. losses.

Are people leaving the league because it isn't fun?  I don't really think so.  The GMs who left have different priorities these days--much of which is centered on the rise of "money leagues".  Virtually all the GMs who have left the league in recent times have "followed the money".  Look through the list of GMs who left and look at the leagues they are a part of--most of them are in money leagues on Corey's new site.  To that end, on a personal note, I decided to forfeit my membership and entry fees in the leagues who were moved to the new site because of my commitment to FGM and ProFSL.

That said, and to your point, it certainly was enjoyable to write some commentary in regards to the 2015 playoffs. There were some spirited match ups, some surprises, some upsets and a lot to take note of.  I agree, it was a fun part of the season and generated some commentary from other league members.  I will probably do so again at various times of the season in hopes of soliciting some responses from other league members.  Will it help keep people in the league?  That's hard to say because we all play for various reasons. 

We have some new members, and if they are like me when I first joined FGM, they are trying to figure out what's what.  They probably read the posts but are not comfortable enough to post a reply or initiate a discussion.  It'll come--I'm sure of it--and I think at this point, a key factor is we don't have any deadbeat GMs.

So I would say, to all who care to read this, FGM will only be as strong as the 30 GMs who have thrown their hat in the ring.  This is our league, your league, and we will continue to search for ways to make it better.  I know in the past we had Power Ratings, but that is not an area of strength for me, so if it tickles your fancy, please do your thing.  News from the desk of the GMs about the state of a given team were always fun to read and are written from a personal perspective.  Commentary about Division Races is another area that has been written about.  This Board is a place to exercise some literary license and your contributions are welcome--so if you're so inclined--please do so.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
🏆 2021 FGM World Series Champion - :SF:
🏆 2017 WCB2 World Series Champion - :SD:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Mt West Champion :UNLV:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Big 10 Champion -  :Nebraska:
🏆 2021 BSN Football Pac-12 Champion :California:

Offline poignantcashew

• All-Star
  • Bonus inPoints: 0
    • :DAL-NHL:
    • :Arkansas:
    • :ARS:
    • :LAA:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 02:37:02 PM »
I will say I won't be terribly active but don't drop me as an owner. It's just that my Astros are so deep in rebuilding that I don't even have enough active players to make moves on Fantrax. I'm basically in sit-and-wait mode for the time.
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
:DET-NHL: 2019 Stanley Cup Champion - Title Town
:BOS: 2018 World Series Champion - WCB2
:KC: 2017 World Series Champion - Title Town
:KC: 2016 World Series Champion - Title Town

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • Daddy: Back @janes
    April 14, 2024, 05:00:16 PM
  • Rhino7: If you’re in CCD and plan to return next season, make sure to check-in asap before it’s too late! Notices have been made and soon some of you could get replaced. Only takes a moment to get it done. [link]
    April 14, 2024, 06:08:14 PM
  • STLBlues91: Just got home so replying to all messages now
    April 14, 2024, 08:37:13 PM
  • jimw: CCD championship ended one week ago and we are pressured to decide right away if we are coming back or we lose our team?
    April 14, 2024, 08:39:48 PM
  • Rhino7: It’s a dynasty league so we assume everyone plans to return. This is the time for those who definitely don’t plan to return to say so that way we know ahead of time we have to find replacements. Nobody is pressuring you, it’s more of a courtesy to the LM who do this for nothing so they can make a game plan for next season.
    April 14, 2024, 11:13:17 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS scoring update after 1 week with 4 days to go.  :ANA: Ducks 112.05 v 149.85 :NYR: Rangers [link] :taco:
    April 14, 2024, 11:51:20 PM
  • indiansnation: Indians mlb live looking to trade looking for a bat or 2 and starting pitching.
    April 15, 2024, 03:38:50 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 05:43:06 PM
  • Daddy: Brian you are in 11 leagues? You are a true legend dude.
    April 15, 2024, 06:04:36 PM
  • Daddy: Sports Fan dynasty legend.
    April 15, 2024, 06:05:16 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: I'm in 10
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:08 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: And active in all
    April 15, 2024, 07:06:41 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:14 PM
  • indiansnation: Daddy pm
    April 15, 2024, 07:22:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day
    April 15, 2024, 07:27:08 PM
  • Daddy: Youre getting the full experience in that many leagues. There is always something to do.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:19 PM
  • Daddy: Each league is different so makes you approach things differently.
    April 15, 2024, 07:33:43 PM
  • Jon: i have openings in SEC football 1st year league
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:15 PM
  • Jon: I am pretty sure that I am going to do away with the 64 team league as I can't justify paying the fee that Fantrax wants
    April 15, 2024, 07:54:44 PM
  • Jon: [link]
    April 15, 2024, 07:56:47 PM
  • Daddy: I pay about $500 in fantrax fees. I feel ya Jon.
    April 15, 2024, 08:09:00 PM
  • Daddy: Probably more if i added it all up. All that work + all that money = why very few do it. #Respect
    April 15, 2024, 08:11:47 PM
  • indiansnation: Bigfry pm
    April 15, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
  • indiansnation: Jim w one last pm
    April 16, 2024, 01:01:12 AM
  • indiansnation: Trade posted jim w
    April 16, 2024, 01:02:15 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Two late night deals
    April 16, 2024, 01:18:11 AM
  • Brent: Good morning guys.  Just a heads up, I am cutting back on leagues by a lot.  I'll message the commissioners which ones, but between work, school, fishing and family the thing that is going to get cut is fantasy sports.
    April 16, 2024, 07:30:32 AM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: :taco::taco::taco: FNHL WELCOMES OUR NEWEST OWNER BRUISER :judge: BRUISER HAS COMPLETED PURCHASE OF THE ARIZONA/UTHA COYOTES FRANCHISE :PHO2: [link] :PHO2:
    April 16, 2024, 11:37:48 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for deals
    April 16, 2024, 08:13:31 PM
  • indiansnation: Updated trade block in fgm
    April 17, 2024, 12:37:39 AM
  • indiansnation: Indians in mlb live looking to trade
    April 17, 2024, 01:48:22 AM
  • jschwab: Leagues?? I'm in 14 MLB, 2 NHL, 1 NFL and 2 NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 12:33:58 PM
  • jschwab: It's nice being retired with a wife that likes me to stay out of her hair.
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:21 PM
  • jschwab: Oh yeah, and now 1 big honkin' NCAA
    April 17, 2024, 12:34:50 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Haha nice jschwab
    April 17, 2024, 12:45:03 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Indians pm
    April 17, 2024, 01:42:37 PM
  • Daddy: @John :rofl: respect
    April 17, 2024, 02:58:00 PM
  • Daddy: Fantasy sports IS MY getaway. Im a Dad, i work, i deal in real world Crap all day. I travel a lot across the country. My Son and others on site know the life. :rofl:
    April 17, 2024, 02:59:59 PM
  • Daddy: I imagine running a league is equivalent to running 10-32 teams by itself. I can do that from the Crapter.
    April 17, 2024, 03:01:15 PM
  • Daddy: And still be a dad, go on trips, get much booty :) . And im an old fart.
    April 17, 2024, 03:02:42 PM
  • Daddy: oh s?, el pap? hace tiempo para mi bot?n.
    April 17, 2024, 03:05:58 PM
  • dbreer23: Mucho respecto!
    April 17, 2024, 03:31:00 PM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the night for any deals
    April 17, 2024, 06:58:06 PM
  • Daddy: Michael Porter Jr.'s brother Jontay.... Banned for life by NBA for gambling.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:24 PM
  • Daddy: He bet on his own performance (under) and his team to lose games.
    April 17, 2024, 07:58:57 PM
  • dbreer23: good riddance
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:11 PM
  • dbreer23: and I'm not even a NBA fan
    April 17, 2024, 10:17:20 PM
  • Daddy: Gambling is as bad an addiction as there is.  This guy comes from money, has a brother thats uber rich, and he himself was in the NBA.
    April 17, 2024, 11:00:36 PM
  • PsychoticPondGoons: FNHL FINALS looking very tough for one team :ANA: 155.05 v 236.25 :NYR: with only today's games left to plan. :judge: [link]
    Yesterday at 10:44:33 AM
  • STLBlues91: ill be around the rest of the day for any deals
    Yesterday at 06:30:53 PM