Author Topic: 7 - Waivers  (Read 2607 times)

Offline Drew

• Forum Administrator
  • Legend
  • Bonus inPoints: 80
  • Forum Administrator
    • :TEN:
    • :BOS-NBA:
    • :EDM:
    • :Clemson:
    • :TOR:
    • View Profile
7 - Waivers
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:16:18 AM »
A) Waivers
This league will be using a waiver system to regulate the major and minor league roster. These waivers will follow the actual NHL waiver system.

B) Sending a Player to The Minors
When a player is placed on waivers, all 17 other clubs now have an opportunity to submit a claim on that player.  A player remains on waivers for 24 hours from the point the waiver transaction is confirmed by the commissioner. If one team has submitted a claim during that period, the player's contract is purchased by that team as of the end of the waiver period. If multiple teams have claimed the player, the team with the highest priority (explained later) gets the player. If nobody claims the player, the player has cleared waivers and the team is free to assign the player to their minor league roster. These waivers will be processed on fantrax the day the player is placed on waivers.
Stipulation: Only players in the last year of their contract can be sent down to the minors.

C) Re-Calling a Player From The Minors
Players are also subject to waivers if the team wishes to bring someone up from their minor league to major league. These are referred to as re-entry waivers. The mechancis of the re-entry system work the same as those of waivers, with one difference. the team who claims the player is only responsible for half of the player's cap hit for the duration of the contract, and the team who waived the player picks up the other half. Re-entry players must remain on waivers for 48 hours.

D) Claimable Waivers
Players with more than 1 year left on their contract can be put on claimable waivers. Claimable waivers will last 24 hours and can only be done twice a year per team. If a player is claimed by a team, the team takes on their full contract and salary. If the player is unclaimed they return to their team at same contract and salary. Transactions will occur in the Waivers folder and topic should look as follows:
Sidney Crosby - Claimable Waiver
- please also change the message icon to reflect the team putting the player on claimable waivers

E) Waiver Priority
This is very simple. The team currently in last place at time of waiver claim has highest priority. The priority list follows from the worst team to the best team in the league.
Off-Season Wavier Priority
The final rankings of the season will determine the priority list. Worst team will be top of list while the best team will be at the bottom. The list will be rotating so when a team makes a claim they go to last on the list.

F) Players in Minors
Players in minors do not count towards salary cap. Players would have be drafted by their respective teams that reach 40 games played will be sent to major league roster, if a GM wants them in the minors after 40 games played they must go through the waiver process.

G) Waiver Free Period
There will be 1 waiver free period for 1 week during the off-season. It will take place before the start of the NHL season after training camps have concluded. See deadlines for exact date.

H) Modified Waiver Free Period
There will be one period after the second extension period where experienced minor leaguers may be called up through the waiver free process during the extent of the period.
There is no down movement during this period.
The purpose of this is for teams to use their cap to call up players before spending it all in free agency.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 10:24:35 AM by jmtrops »
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Drew's Bio & Trophy Case

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - "Wayne Gretzky"

Forum Search

Quick Profile

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Chat Room

Refresh History
  • dbreer23: I wish I was that lucky
    Yesterday at 01:07:02 PM
  • Daddy: Happy 30th birthday @Yeagg!
    Yesterday at 01:49:17 PM
  • Daddy: I got pubic hair older than you
    Yesterday at 01:53:00 PM
  • Mt_Crushmore: I have (26) (30) 1st round picks to trade for higher pick let me know. 2 for 1. Frday special
    Yesterday at 03:59:28 PM
  • Brent: Damn, wish I still had a 1st.
    Yesterday at 04:02:05 PM
  • Daddy: I wish i had any picks. Would someone trade an old chap a few draft picks out of pity.
    Yesterday at 04:15:22 PM
  • Daddy: Football draft picks are the only ones in any sport i care about drafting. Hockey is #2, basketball #3 & baseball #5
    Yesterday at 04:18:05 PM
  • Daddy: Id rather draft amateur pickle ball players (#4)then baseball players.
    Yesterday at 04:19:44 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i traded my picks for upgrades
    Yesterday at 04:54:24 PM
  • Daddy: Risky business. Almost all NFL Drafted players see the field and some are instant stars (Puca Nacua) as you know. Its the only draft where the entire draft helps out.
    Yesterday at 05:24:01 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: im aware
    Yesterday at 06:24:20 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: but strongly feel like the trades i made were good
    Yesterday at 06:24:37 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: and depth is key
    Yesterday at 06:24:46 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: look at my team youll see
    Yesterday at 06:24:52 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: acquiring minshew demarcus robinson and gus edwards
    Yesterday at 06:26:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: cost me picks but those guys are already vets
    Yesterday at 06:26:34 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: oh and diablo for defense
    Yesterday at 06:28:36 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: along with gibbens i upgraded both ends
    Yesterday at 06:30:26 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: i made the SB last yr tryna keep that window still goin
    Yesterday at 06:31:40 PM
  • STLBlues91: Ill be around for trade talks the rest of the night
    Yesterday at 08:58:13 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Big trade
    Yesterday at 10:47:02 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: The return, per source: Dillon Head, Woo Suk-Go, Jakob Marsee, Nathan Martorella to Marlins for Luis arraez
    Yesterday at 10:47:26 PM
  • dbreer23: Arraez headed to the Padres for 4 prospects.
    Yesterday at 10:47:55 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: dbreer look above
    Yesterday at 10:50:15 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: just said return
    Yesterday at 10:50:21 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: marlins won thsi trade
    Yesterday at 10:52:12 PM
  • BayAreaBallers: Dillon Head, Woo Suk-Go, Jakob Marsee, Nathan Martorella great haul
    Yesterday at 10:52:22 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: I like that football talk BAB
    Yesterday at 11:21:46 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: You like your team in may and may add something in FA. You are def a force in the NFC
    Yesterday at 11:22:11 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Only the late papps, daddy, TheGoat have ever won the NFC outside of yourself
    Yesterday at 11:22:37 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Papps and daddy did it twice
    Yesterday at 11:22:52 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Those two are also the only ever Superbowl Champions outside of the AFC
    Yesterday at 11:23:21 PM
  • Jwalkerjr88: Or Superbowl Champions from the NFC i should say. Sorry been drinking lol
    Yesterday at 11:23:44 PM
  • STLBlues91: Im coming for the NFC soon...
    Yesterday at 11:45:39 PM
  • Daddy: Bring it
    Today at 12:16:26 AM
  • Daddy: Im tired of not winning NFL LIVE
    Today at 12:16:40 AM
  • Daddy: My Son has TWO chips to my ONE. And now Rhino has one. Buc already had one.
    Today at 12:18:06 AM
  • Daddy: BAB barking, now you, Brent, Speed, Harman, RJ, roto... whatever. Im get'n mine. So there's that.
    Today at 12:20:31 AM
  • Daddy: You called your shot this year. I'm watching. Two years ago. You predicted it.
    Today at 12:21:54 AM
  • Daddy: Rhino called his last year.
    Today at 12:22:15 AM
  • Daddy: And that smack talk prompted an immediate NFL LIVE Trade. Yup.
    Today at 12:25:31 AM
  • Daddy: Welcome back to profsl you LEGEND you. kylerap!!
    Today at 12:28:30 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Jwalker yss
    Today at 12:44:27 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: Yes possibly I have cap to make some moves
    Today at 12:45:00 AM
  • Daddy: @BAB you hear the AFC guys calling us out?
    Today at 12:45:43 AM
  • BayAreaBallers: I did
    Today at 01:48:28 AM
  • Braves155: Hey guys, will be around today for deal talks. Been busy of late
    Today at 10:54:05 AM
  • Braves155: PM indiansnation
    Today at 11:36:23 AM
  • indiansnation: Braves 155 pm
    Today at 12:26:49 PM
  • indiansnation: Braves155 x2 pm
    Today at 12:44:23 PM